Oct 1, 2013, 1:28 AM EDT
NBA media days are a combination of fluff and teams essentially trying to spin their own talking points for the season (which is actually its own version of fluff). Little of any import is actually said on these days. The fact we got one legitimate basketball story — Pelicans coach Monty Williams plans to start the season with Tyreke Evans coming off the bench — out of all the media days Monday was pretty much manna from heaven.
But that doesn’t mean we don’t get a few great quotes.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 2
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 3
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 14
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5