Oct 1, 2013, 1:28 AM EDT
NBA media days are a combination of fluff and teams essentially trying to spin their own talking points for the season (which is actually its own version of fluff). Little of any import is actually said on these days. The fact we got one legitimate basketball story — Pelicans coach Monty Williams plans to start the season with Tyreke Evans coming off the bench — out of all the media days Monday was pretty much manna from heaven.
But that doesn’t mean we don’t get a few great quotes.
Classic Dirk when asked if his 2-mos-old daughter is a daddy's baby?: "That's going to take some time. I don't have boobs."—
Jeff Caplan (@Caplan_NBA) September 30, 2013
Asked Metta World Peace if he's more comfortable playing small forward or power forward on defense. "I'm most comfortable in the bed."—
Chris Herring (@HerringWSJ) September 30, 2013
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 0
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 13
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25
- Playoff Chase: We know all 16 teams going to dance, who dances with whom still up in air 13