Oct 1, 2013, 1:28 AM EDT
NBA media days are a combination of fluff and teams essentially trying to spin their own talking points for the season (which is actually its own version of fluff). Little of any import is actually said on these days. The fact we got one legitimate basketball story — Pelicans coach Monty Williams plans to start the season with Tyreke Evans coming off the bench — out of all the media days Monday was pretty much manna from heaven.
But that doesn’t mean we don’t get a few great quotes.
Classic Dirk when asked if his 2-mos-old daughter is a daddy's baby?: "That's going to take some time. I don't have boobs."—
Jeff Caplan (@Caplan_NBA) September 30, 2013
Asked Metta World Peace if he's more comfortable playing small forward or power forward on defense. "I'm most comfortable in the bed."—
Chris Herring (@HerringWSJ) September 30, 2013
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 15
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21