Oct 1, 2013, 1:28 AM EDT
NBA media days are a combination of fluff and teams essentially trying to spin their own talking points for the season (which is actually its own version of fluff). Little of any import is actually said on these days. The fact we got one legitimate basketball story — Pelicans coach Monty Williams plans to start the season with Tyreke Evans coming off the bench — out of all the media days Monday was pretty much manna from heaven.
But that doesn’t mean we don’t get a few great quotes.
Classic Dirk when asked if his 2-mos-old daughter is a daddy's baby?: "That's going to take some time. I don't have boobs."—
Jeff Caplan (@Caplan_NBA) September 30, 2013
Asked Metta World Peace if he's more comfortable playing small forward or power forward on defense. "I'm most comfortable in the bed."—
Chris Herring (@HerringWSJ) September 30, 2013
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 0
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 50
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 56
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46