Oct 1, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Brandon Jennings said the Pistons could become Lob City under his direction. Of course, the first step of a lob is a pass, and Jennings has a reputation for being a reluctant passer.
Believe it or not, Larry Sanders took exception.
Andrew Gruman of FOXSportsWisconsin.com (hat tip: Matt Moore of Eye on Basketball):
Count me among the skeptics that Jennings will pass significantly more often this season. It’s hard to relinquish being a top scoring option for a lesser role, even when players have the best intentions.
But if Jennings is going to pass more, Drummond, Smith and Monroe are better targets than Sanders. Sanders is a good player, mostly because his defense. Offensively, he’s still pretty unpolished. Drummond and Smith are athletic finishers, and Monroe has quality post moves.
Pistons-Bucks games will be interesting this season. I’m sure Jennings wants to take it to his former team, but because of Sanders’ quip, maybe Jennings will try to show up the Bucks by passing extra.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 6
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10