Oct 1, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
We have some rare good injury news out of a training camp:
The Cleveland Cavalier’s No. 1 pick Anthony Bennett and the guy he may someday replace in the lineup, Anderson Varejao, both have been fully cleared for basketball activities entering training camp. This was expected, but now it is official.
Bennett had shoulder surgery last May, which caused him to miss a number of pre-draft workouts as well as Summer League, but he was always expected to be cleared for camp.
Varejao missed most of last season with blood clots in his legs, a potentially very serious condition.
Bennett likely will come off the bench behind Tristan Thompson at the four.
With these two healthy (and Tyler Zeller in the mix as well) Cleveland should have enough firepower in the lineup to grab one of those final playoff spots in the East.
That is, if they can stay healthy.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 0
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61