Oct 1, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
We have some rare good injury news out of a training camp:
The Cleveland Cavalier’s No. 1 pick Anthony Bennett and the guy he may someday replace in the lineup, Anderson Varejao, both have been fully cleared for basketball activities entering training camp. This was expected, but now it is official.
Bennett had shoulder surgery last May, which caused him to miss a number of pre-draft workouts as well as Summer League, but he was always expected to be cleared for camp.
Varejao missed most of last season with blood clots in his legs, a potentially very serious condition.
Bennett likely will come off the bench behind Tristan Thompson at the four.
With these two healthy (and Tyler Zeller in the mix as well) Cleveland should have enough firepower in the lineup to grab one of those final playoff spots in the East.
That is, if they can stay healthy.
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 20
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 25
- Kevin Durant: Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan are greatest of all time 61
- LeBron James becomes Obamacare pitchman 38
- Report: Houston Rockets to pursue Carmelo Anthony this summer 31