Oct 1, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
We have some rare good injury news out of a training camp:
The Cleveland Cavalier’s No. 1 pick Anthony Bennett and the guy he may someday replace in the lineup, Anderson Varejao, both have been fully cleared for basketball activities entering training camp. This was expected, but now it is official.
Bennett had shoulder surgery last May, which caused him to miss a number of pre-draft workouts as well as Summer League, but he was always expected to be cleared for camp.
Varejao missed most of last season with blood clots in his legs, a potentially very serious condition.
Bennett likely will come off the bench behind Tristan Thompson at the four.
With these two healthy (and Tyler Zeller in the mix as well) Cleveland should have enough firepower in the lineup to grab one of those final playoff spots in the East.
That is, if they can stay healthy.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 1
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 2
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 14
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5