Sep 30, 2013, 1:58 PM EDT
It’s a stunning development — we have actual on-the-court basketball news out of NBA media day. It may be a first in a day usually reserved for positive stories and fluff.
Evans has said multiple times this summer he is good with this idea.
The Pelicans are going to have an interesting rotation. They will start Jrue Holiday and Eric Gordon in the backcourt then Evans can come in and replace either one of them. Evans off the bench likely means Al-Farouq Aminu or Anthony Morrow start at the three (Evans can come in and play there, also). Up front the Pelicans could start Anthony Davis at the four and Jason Smith or Greg Stiemsma at center; or they can start Ryan Anderson as a stretch four and have Davis at center.
Monty Williams has a lot of options and a lot of things to figure out during training camp and the first part of the season. Expect the rotations to shift and change.
But to start, Tyreke Evans is going to be the Pelicans’ spark plug off the bench — last season he averaged 15.2 points a game in Sacramento. If he can do that off the bench in New Orleans, the Pelicans will have a shot at the playoffs.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 23
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 30
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23