Sep 30, 2013, 1:58 PM EDT
It’s a stunning development — we have actual on-the-court basketball news out of NBA media day. It may be a first in a day usually reserved for positive stories and fluff.
Evans has said multiple times this summer he is good with this idea.
The Pelicans are going to have an interesting rotation. They will start Jrue Holiday and Eric Gordon in the backcourt then Evans can come in and replace either one of them. Evans off the bench likely means Al-Farouq Aminu or Anthony Morrow start at the three (Evans can come in and play there, also). Up front the Pelicans could start Anthony Davis at the four and Jason Smith or Greg Stiemsma at center; or they can start Ryan Anderson as a stretch four and have Davis at center.
Monty Williams has a lot of options and a lot of things to figure out during training camp and the first part of the season. Expect the rotations to shift and change.
But to start, Tyreke Evans is going to be the Pelicans’ spark plug off the bench — last season he averaged 15.2 points a game in Sacramento. If he can do that off the bench in New Orleans, the Pelicans will have a shot at the playoffs.
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 0
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7