Sep 30, 2013, 1:58 PM EDT
It’s a stunning development — we have actual on-the-court basketball news out of NBA media day. It may be a first in a day usually reserved for positive stories and fluff.
Evans has said multiple times this summer he is good with this idea.
The Pelicans are going to have an interesting rotation. They will start Jrue Holiday and Eric Gordon in the backcourt then Evans can come in and replace either one of them. Evans off the bench likely means Al-Farouq Aminu or Anthony Morrow start at the three (Evans can come in and play there, also). Up front the Pelicans could start Anthony Davis at the four and Jason Smith or Greg Stiemsma at center; or they can start Ryan Anderson as a stretch four and have Davis at center.
Monty Williams has a lot of options and a lot of things to figure out during training camp and the first part of the season. Expect the rotations to shift and change.
But to start, Tyreke Evans is going to be the Pelicans’ spark plug off the bench — last season he averaged 15.2 points a game in Sacramento. If he can do that off the bench in New Orleans, the Pelicans will have a shot at the playoffs.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 13
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8