Sep 30, 2013, 1:58 PM EDT
It’s a stunning development — we have actual on-the-court basketball news out of NBA media day. It may be a first in a day usually reserved for positive stories and fluff.
Evans has said multiple times this summer he is good with this idea.
The Pelicans are going to have an interesting rotation. They will start Jrue Holiday and Eric Gordon in the backcourt then Evans can come in and replace either one of them. Evans off the bench likely means Al-Farouq Aminu or Anthony Morrow start at the three (Evans can come in and play there, also). Up front the Pelicans could start Anthony Davis at the four and Jason Smith or Greg Stiemsma at center; or they can start Ryan Anderson as a stretch four and have Davis at center.
Monty Williams has a lot of options and a lot of things to figure out during training camp and the first part of the season. Expect the rotations to shift and change.
But to start, Tyreke Evans is going to be the Pelicans’ spark plug off the bench — last season he averaged 15.2 points a game in Sacramento. If he can do that off the bench in New Orleans, the Pelicans will have a shot at the playoffs.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29