Sep 30, 2013, 1:58 PM EDT
It’s a stunning development — we have actual on-the-court basketball news out of NBA media day. It may be a first in a day usually reserved for positive stories and fluff.
Evans has said multiple times this summer he is good with this idea.
The Pelicans are going to have an interesting rotation. They will start Jrue Holiday and Eric Gordon in the backcourt then Evans can come in and replace either one of them. Evans off the bench likely means Al-Farouq Aminu or Anthony Morrow start at the three (Evans can come in and play there, also). Up front the Pelicans could start Anthony Davis at the four and Jason Smith or Greg Stiemsma at center; or they can start Ryan Anderson as a stretch four and have Davis at center.
Monty Williams has a lot of options and a lot of things to figure out during training camp and the first part of the season. Expect the rotations to shift and change.
But to start, Tyreke Evans is going to be the Pelicans’ spark plug off the bench — last season he averaged 15.2 points a game in Sacramento. If he can do that off the bench in New Orleans, the Pelicans will have a shot at the playoffs.
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 9
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 9
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71