Sep 30, 2013, 4:45 PM EDT
While some people just hate them, the short sleveed uniform is not going anywhere for a while. Why? Because the league thinks they can sell a chunk of them as alternate third jerseys to guys (and ladies) who might not where a traditional tank top jersey. Secondly, if you were looking for a place to subtly place an ad on a jersey, sleeves are handy things.
The latest one is the Clippers, who will wear a new baby blue uniform, which you see to the right. A few of the players modeled them at Media Day Monday.
They will first be worn Oct. 14 in a preseason game against Denver. Here is what adidas (makers of all NBA jerseys) said about the choice:
“Light blue has a rich history with the organization and has been a part of the team’s identity since they were the Buffalo Braves in the 1970’s.”
True. And personally I like them, but I’m not offended by the sleeves as some are.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 0
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 8
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7