Sep 30, 2013, 4:45 PM EDT
While some people just hate them, the short sleveed uniform is not going anywhere for a while. Why? Because the league thinks they can sell a chunk of them as alternate third jerseys to guys (and ladies) who might not where a traditional tank top jersey. Secondly, if you were looking for a place to subtly place an ad on a jersey, sleeves are handy things.
The latest one is the Clippers, who will wear a new baby blue uniform, which you see to the right. A few of the players modeled them at Media Day Monday.
They will first be worn Oct. 14 in a preseason game against Denver. Here is what adidas (makers of all NBA jerseys) said about the choice:
“Light blue has a rich history with the organization and has been a part of the team’s identity since they were the Buffalo Braves in the 1970’s.”
True. And personally I like them, but I’m not offended by the sleeves as some are.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4