Sep 30, 2013, 4:45 PM EST
While some people just hate them, the short sleveed uniform is not going anywhere for a while. Why? Because the league thinks they can sell a chunk of them as alternate third jerseys to guys (and ladies) who might not where a traditional tank top jersey. Secondly, if you were looking for a place to subtly place an ad on a jersey, sleeves are handy things.
The latest one is the Clippers, who will wear a new baby blue uniform, which you see to the right. A few of the players modeled them at Media Day Monday.
They will first be worn Oct. 14 in a preseason game against Denver. Here is what adidas (makers of all NBA jerseys) said about the choice:
“Light blue has a rich history with the organization and has been a part of the team’s identity since they were the Buffalo Braves in the 1970’s.”
True. And personally I like them, but I’m not offended by the sleeves as some are.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 0
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 4
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 1
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 20
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (39)