Sep 30, 2013, 4:45 PM EST
While some people just hate them, the short sleveed uniform is not going anywhere for a while. Why? Because the league thinks they can sell a chunk of them as alternate third jerseys to guys (and ladies) who might not where a traditional tank top jersey. Secondly, if you were looking for a place to subtly place an ad on a jersey, sleeves are handy things.
The latest one is the Clippers, who will wear a new baby blue uniform, which you see to the right. A few of the players modeled them at Media Day Monday.
They will first be worn Oct. 14 in a preseason game against Denver. Here is what adidas (makers of all NBA jerseys) said about the choice:
“Light blue has a rich history with the organization and has been a part of the team’s identity since they were the Buffalo Braves in the 1970’s.”
True. And personally I like them, but I’m not offended by the sleeves as some are.
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 0
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15