Sep 30, 2013, 4:45 PM EDT
While some people just hate them, the short sleveed uniform is not going anywhere for a while. Why? Because the league thinks they can sell a chunk of them as alternate third jerseys to guys (and ladies) who might not where a traditional tank top jersey. Secondly, if you were looking for a place to subtly place an ad on a jersey, sleeves are handy things.
The latest one is the Clippers, who will wear a new baby blue uniform, which you see to the right. A few of the players modeled them at Media Day Monday.
They will first be worn Oct. 14 in a preseason game against Denver. Here is what adidas (makers of all NBA jerseys) said about the choice:
“Light blue has a rich history with the organization and has been a part of the team’s identity since they were the Buffalo Braves in the 1970’s.”
True. And personally I like them, but I’m not offended by the sleeves as some are.
- Report: Tracy McGrady works out with Kobe, eyes return to NBA 0
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 4
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 9
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 5
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14