Sep 30, 2013, 4:45 PM EDT
While some people just hate them, the short sleveed uniform is not going anywhere for a while. Why? Because the league thinks they can sell a chunk of them as alternate third jerseys to guys (and ladies) who might not where a traditional tank top jersey. Secondly, if you were looking for a place to subtly place an ad on a jersey, sleeves are handy things.
The latest one is the Clippers, who will wear a new baby blue uniform, which you see to the right. A few of the players modeled them at Media Day Monday.
They will first be worn Oct. 14 in a preseason game against Denver. Here is what adidas (makers of all NBA jerseys) said about the choice:
“Light blue has a rich history with the organization and has been a part of the team’s identity since they were the Buffalo Braves in the 1970’s.”
True. And personally I like them, but I’m not offended by the sleeves as some are.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 9
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 5
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 51
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 29
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20