Sep 30, 2013, 3:56 PM EST
“I feel pretty good and I am definitely getting better… I think if all the beans were on the table, I would be out there (playing right now).”
That’s Andrew Bynum from the Sixers training camp last year, on Oct. 9 to be exact.
We bring you that as a bit of context for the Andrew Bynum news coming out of the Cleveland Cavaliers media day.
He has been cleared for basketball activities but has no timetable for return. Philadelphia fans are nodding their heads, they’ve heard this before. Last season Bynum got all the way to 5-on-5 scrimmages but never got into a game, there were always setbacks and issues.
I don’t doubt that Bynum has real pain in his knee, and I certainly don’t doubt that he is working hard to get back (he knows future paydays are on the line). It’s not a question of if the mind is willing, it is the strength of the flesh I question.
Until I see him enter a game, I’m skeptical. So take today’s news however you wish.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1