Sep 30, 2013, 3:56 PM EDT
“I feel pretty good and I am definitely getting better… I think if all the beans were on the table, I would be out there (playing right now).”
That’s Andrew Bynum from the Sixers training camp last year, on Oct. 9 to be exact.
We bring you that as a bit of context for the Andrew Bynum news coming out of the Cleveland Cavaliers media day.
He has been cleared for basketball activities but has no timetable for return. Philadelphia fans are nodding their heads, they’ve heard this before. Last season Bynum got all the way to 5-on-5 scrimmages but never got into a game, there were always setbacks and issues.
I don’t doubt that Bynum has real pain in his knee, and I certainly don’t doubt that he is working hard to get back (he knows future paydays are on the line). It’s not a question of if the mind is willing, it is the strength of the flesh I question.
Until I see him enter a game, I’m skeptical. So take today’s news however you wish.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 19
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 17
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49