Sep 30, 2013, 3:56 PM EDT
“I feel pretty good and I am definitely getting better… I think if all the beans were on the table, I would be out there (playing right now).”
That’s Andrew Bynum from the Sixers training camp last year, on Oct. 9 to be exact.
We bring you that as a bit of context for the Andrew Bynum news coming out of the Cleveland Cavaliers media day.
He has been cleared for basketball activities but has no timetable for return. Philadelphia fans are nodding their heads, they’ve heard this before. Last season Bynum got all the way to 5-on-5 scrimmages but never got into a game, there were always setbacks and issues.
I don’t doubt that Bynum has real pain in his knee, and I certainly don’t doubt that he is working hard to get back (he knows future paydays are on the line). It’s not a question of if the mind is willing, it is the strength of the flesh I question.
Until I see him enter a game, I’m skeptical. So take today’s news however you wish.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 4
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 15
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 24
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29