Sep 30, 2013, 3:56 PM EDT
“I feel pretty good and I am definitely getting better… I think if all the beans were on the table, I would be out there (playing right now).”
That’s Andrew Bynum from the Sixers training camp last year, on Oct. 9 to be exact.
We bring you that as a bit of context for the Andrew Bynum news coming out of the Cleveland Cavaliers media day.
He has been cleared for basketball activities but has no timetable for return. Philadelphia fans are nodding their heads, they’ve heard this before. Last season Bynum got all the way to 5-on-5 scrimmages but never got into a game, there were always setbacks and issues.
I don’t doubt that Bynum has real pain in his knee, and I certainly don’t doubt that he is working hard to get back (he knows future paydays are on the line). It’s not a question of if the mind is willing, it is the strength of the flesh I question.
Until I see him enter a game, I’m skeptical. So take today’s news however you wish.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6