Sep 30, 2013, 3:56 PM EST
“I feel pretty good and I am definitely getting better… I think if all the beans were on the table, I would be out there (playing right now).”
That’s Andrew Bynum from the Sixers training camp last year, on Oct. 9 to be exact.
We bring you that as a bit of context for the Andrew Bynum news coming out of the Cleveland Cavaliers media day.
Andrew Bynum says he began basketball activities in just last 2 weeks. Still unsure if he'll be ready for season opener.—
M.S. Boyer/J. Valade (@PDcavsinsider) September 30, 2013
He has been cleared for basketball activities but has no timetable for return. Philadelphia fans are nodding their heads, they’ve heard this before. Last season Bynum got all the way to 5-on-5 scrimmages but never got into a game, there were always setbacks and issues.
I don’t doubt that Bynum has real pain in his knee, and I certainly don’t doubt that he is working hard to get back (he knows future paydays are on the line). It’s not a question of if the mind is willing, it is the strength of the flesh I question.
Until I see him enter a game, I’m skeptical. So take today’s news however you wish.
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 11
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)