Sep 29, 2013, 9:30 AM EST
Part of the fun of media day in the NBA is the random looks we get into the personal lives of some of the players.
Kevin Seraphin of the Wizards gave us a glimpse of what he’s into, and it apparently involves owning a pet snake. Or should we say, “owned.” Because Seraphin no longer has the snake in his possession, and doesn’t know where it is.
When asked by Casey Phillips of Monumental Network about “Snakey” (seriously), Seraphin revealed that his former pet had, at some point, escaped.
“I don’t have the snake anymore,” Seraphin said.
“Ah, you got rid of Snakey,” Phillips said.
“Not exactly,” Seraphin said. “I opened the cage one day and he wasn’t there.”
The full story can be seen in the video clip above, but D.C. residents shouldn’t worry too much — after all, it’s only a milk snake, and supposedly, they are harmless.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0