Sep 29, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
Part of the fun of media day in the NBA is the random looks we get into the personal lives of some of the players.
Kevin Seraphin of the Wizards gave us a glimpse of what he’s into, and it apparently involves owning a pet snake. Or should we say, “owned.” Because Seraphin no longer has the snake in his possession, and doesn’t know where it is.
When asked by Casey Phillips of Monumental Network about “Snakey” (seriously), Seraphin revealed that his former pet had, at some point, escaped.
“I don’t have the snake anymore,” Seraphin said.
“Ah, you got rid of Snakey,” Phillips said.
“Not exactly,” Seraphin said. “I opened the cage one day and he wasn’t there.”
The full story can be seen in the video clip above, but D.C. residents shouldn’t worry too much — after all, it’s only a milk snake, and supposedly, they are harmless.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 21
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25