Sep 29, 2013, 6:30 PM EST
This summer he is in Washington D.C., where he signed with the Wizards and is the backup point guard to the blur that is John Wall.
So who is faster, Westbrook or Wall?
“I was telling somebody the other day, I’m trying to figure out who’s faster,” Maynor said of Wall vs. Russell Westbrook.
“I need to know who’s faster between those two because they’re both so fast, it’s crazy,” Maynor said.
Technically, right at this moment I’d take Wall because he’s healthy and Westbrook is still recovering from knee surgery. But what about when both are healthy? This is the kind of information we’re going to be able to get from the high-tech Sports VU cameras going in NBA Arenas this season. Last season the guy who was the fastest with the ball they recorded — Tony Parker.
Between Wall and Westbrook, well, at the Draft Combine ¾ court sprint Wall finished in 3.05 seconds and Westbrook 3.08. That’s a virtual dead heat.
If Maynor doesn’t know, nobody does.
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 0
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 12
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 24
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 5
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3