Sep 29, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
This summer he is in Washington D.C., where he signed with the Wizards and is the backup point guard to the blur that is John Wall.
So who is faster, Westbrook or Wall?
“I was telling somebody the other day, I’m trying to figure out who’s faster,” Maynor said of Wall vs. Russell Westbrook.
“I need to know who’s faster between those two because they’re both so fast, it’s crazy,” Maynor said.
Technically, right at this moment I’d take Wall because he’s healthy and Westbrook is still recovering from knee surgery. But what about when both are healthy? This is the kind of information we’re going to be able to get from the high-tech Sports VU cameras going in NBA Arenas this season. Last season the guy who was the fastest with the ball they recorded — Tony Parker.
Between Wall and Westbrook, well, at the Draft Combine ¾ court sprint Wall finished in 3.05 seconds and Westbrook 3.08. That’s a virtual dead heat.
If Maynor doesn’t know, nobody does.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20