Sep 29, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
This summer he is in Washington D.C., where he signed with the Wizards and is the backup point guard to the blur that is John Wall.
So who is faster, Westbrook or Wall?
“I was telling somebody the other day, I’m trying to figure out who’s faster,” Maynor said of Wall vs. Russell Westbrook.
“I need to know who’s faster between those two because they’re both so fast, it’s crazy,” Maynor said.
Technically, right at this moment I’d take Wall because he’s healthy and Westbrook is still recovering from knee surgery. But what about when both are healthy? This is the kind of information we’re going to be able to get from the high-tech Sports VU cameras going in NBA Arenas this season. Last season the guy who was the fastest with the ball they recorded — Tony Parker.
Between Wall and Westbrook, well, at the Draft Combine ¾ court sprint Wall finished in 3.05 seconds and Westbrook 3.08. That’s a virtual dead heat.
If Maynor doesn’t know, nobody does.
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 12
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 2
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 18
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 10
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 19
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16