Sep 29, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
This summer he is in Washington D.C., where he signed with the Wizards and is the backup point guard to the blur that is John Wall.
So who is faster, Westbrook or Wall?
“I was telling somebody the other day, I’m trying to figure out who’s faster,” Maynor said of Wall vs. Russell Westbrook.
“I need to know who’s faster between those two because they’re both so fast, it’s crazy,” Maynor said.
Technically, right at this moment I’d take Wall because he’s healthy and Westbrook is still recovering from knee surgery. But what about when both are healthy? This is the kind of information we’re going to be able to get from the high-tech Sports VU cameras going in NBA Arenas this season. Last season the guy who was the fastest with the ball they recorded — Tony Parker.
Between Wall and Westbrook, well, at the Draft Combine ¾ court sprint Wall finished in 3.05 seconds and Westbrook 3.08. That’s a virtual dead heat.
If Maynor doesn’t know, nobody does.
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 27
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 52
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 26
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 22