Sep 29, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
This summer he is in Washington D.C., where he signed with the Wizards and is the backup point guard to the blur that is John Wall.
So who is faster, Westbrook or Wall?
“I was telling somebody the other day, I’m trying to figure out who’s faster,” Maynor said of Wall vs. Russell Westbrook.
“I need to know who’s faster between those two because they’re both so fast, it’s crazy,” Maynor said.
Technically, right at this moment I’d take Wall because he’s healthy and Westbrook is still recovering from knee surgery. But what about when both are healthy? This is the kind of information we’re going to be able to get from the high-tech Sports VU cameras going in NBA Arenas this season. Last season the guy who was the fastest with the ball they recorded — Tony Parker.
Between Wall and Westbrook, well, at the Draft Combine ¾ court sprint Wall finished in 3.05 seconds and Westbrook 3.08. That’s a virtual dead heat.
If Maynor doesn’t know, nobody does.
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 23
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 30
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91