Sep 28, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Normally we run video at the top of a post, but because of a certain 12-letter word uttered in this particular clip that makes it noteworthy, we’re going to give you the requisite warnings up front.
If you’re at all bothered by swear words, especially the one that rhymes with “rubber trucker,” then this clip is not for you.
If, on the other hand, you find it amusing when someone isn’t aware that their mic is on and that the camera in front of them is streaming live to a large Internet audience, then feel free to proceed.
By all accounts, the Sixers’ media day was as low-key as possible, thanks to the rebuilding situation in Philadelphia that has the roster lacking in typical star power.
Henry Abbott of ESPN’s TrueHoop detailed what the scene was like:
The gym was full of players, being grilled about the upcoming season, and no one had any bravado. This season, there are no rivalries, no playoff aspirations, none of the normal “just maybe, if the stars align” thinking.
There are also no autograph seekers — you could walk into this event off the street without a credential, as it happens — because there are no stars. Who’s the team’s best player? Evan Turner? Thaddeus Young, maybe? Based on his high potential and cheap contract, Noel may be the key asset, but there isn’t even much confidence Noel will play anytime soon — projected as the top overall pick, the defensive big man fell to the sixth pick because he’s coming off major knee surgery.
So perhaps we should thank Evan Turner, then, for injecting this small bit of life into the event’s mostly mundane festivities.
[via Jim Ice]
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 22
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 19
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 21
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26