Sep 28, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Normally we run video at the top of a post, but because of a certain 12-letter word uttered in this particular clip that makes it noteworthy, we’re going to give you the requisite warnings up front.
If you’re at all bothered by swear words, especially the one that rhymes with “rubber trucker,” then this clip is not for you.
If, on the other hand, you find it amusing when someone isn’t aware that their mic is on and that the camera in front of them is streaming live to a large Internet audience, then feel free to proceed.
By all accounts, the Sixers’ media day was as low-key as possible, thanks to the rebuilding situation in Philadelphia that has the roster lacking in typical star power.
Henry Abbott of ESPN’s TrueHoop detailed what the scene was like:
The gym was full of players, being grilled about the upcoming season, and no one had any bravado. This season, there are no rivalries, no playoff aspirations, none of the normal “just maybe, if the stars align” thinking.
There are also no autograph seekers — you could walk into this event off the street without a credential, as it happens — because there are no stars. Who’s the team’s best player? Evan Turner? Thaddeus Young, maybe? Based on his high potential and cheap contract, Noel may be the key asset, but there isn’t even much confidence Noel will play anytime soon — projected as the top overall pick, the defensive big man fell to the sixth pick because he’s coming off major knee surgery.
So perhaps we should thank Evan Turner, then, for injecting this small bit of life into the event’s mostly mundane festivities.
[via Jim Ice]
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 39
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8