Sep 28, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Normally we run video at the top of a post, but because of a certain 12-letter word uttered in this particular clip that makes it noteworthy, we’re going to give you the requisite warnings up front.
If you’re at all bothered by swear words, especially the one that rhymes with “rubber trucker,” then this clip is not for you.
If, on the other hand, you find it amusing when someone isn’t aware that their mic is on and that the camera in front of them is streaming live to a large Internet audience, then feel free to proceed.
By all accounts, the Sixers’ media day was as low-key as possible, thanks to the rebuilding situation in Philadelphia that has the roster lacking in typical star power.
Henry Abbott of ESPN’s TrueHoop detailed what the scene was like:
The gym was full of players, being grilled about the upcoming season, and no one had any bravado. This season, there are no rivalries, no playoff aspirations, none of the normal “just maybe, if the stars align” thinking.
There are also no autograph seekers — you could walk into this event off the street without a credential, as it happens — because there are no stars. Who’s the team’s best player? Evan Turner? Thaddeus Young, maybe? Based on his high potential and cheap contract, Noel may be the key asset, but there isn’t even much confidence Noel will play anytime soon — projected as the top overall pick, the defensive big man fell to the sixth pick because he’s coming off major knee surgery.
So perhaps we should thank Evan Turner, then, for injecting this small bit of life into the event’s mostly mundane festivities.
[via Jim Ice]
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6