Sep 28, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Normally we run video at the top of a post, but because of a certain 12-letter word uttered in this particular clip that makes it noteworthy, we’re going to give you the requisite warnings up front.
If you’re at all bothered by swear words, especially the one that rhymes with “rubber trucker,” then this clip is not for you.
If, on the other hand, you find it amusing when someone isn’t aware that their mic is on and that the camera in front of them is streaming live to a large Internet audience, then feel free to proceed.
By all accounts, the Sixers’ media day was as low-key as possible, thanks to the rebuilding situation in Philadelphia that has the roster lacking in typical star power.
Henry Abbott of ESPN’s TrueHoop detailed what the scene was like:
The gym was full of players, being grilled about the upcoming season, and no one had any bravado. This season, there are no rivalries, no playoff aspirations, none of the normal “just maybe, if the stars align” thinking.
There are also no autograph seekers — you could walk into this event off the street without a credential, as it happens — because there are no stars. Who’s the team’s best player? Evan Turner? Thaddeus Young, maybe? Based on his high potential and cheap contract, Noel may be the key asset, but there isn’t even much confidence Noel will play anytime soon — projected as the top overall pick, the defensive big man fell to the sixth pick because he’s coming off major knee surgery.
So perhaps we should thank Evan Turner, then, for injecting this small bit of life into the event’s mostly mundane festivities.
[via Jim Ice]
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 12
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36