Sep 28, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Normally we run video at the top of a post, but because of a certain 12-letter word uttered in this particular clip that makes it noteworthy, we’re going to give you the requisite warnings up front.
If you’re at all bothered by swear words, especially the one that rhymes with “rubber trucker,” then this clip is not for you.
If, on the other hand, you find it amusing when someone isn’t aware that their mic is on and that the camera in front of them is streaming live to a large Internet audience, then feel free to proceed.
By all accounts, the Sixers’ media day was as low-key as possible, thanks to the rebuilding situation in Philadelphia that has the roster lacking in typical star power.
Henry Abbott of ESPN’s TrueHoop detailed what the scene was like:
The gym was full of players, being grilled about the upcoming season, and no one had any bravado. This season, there are no rivalries, no playoff aspirations, none of the normal “just maybe, if the stars align” thinking.
There are also no autograph seekers — you could walk into this event off the street without a credential, as it happens — because there are no stars. Who’s the team’s best player? Evan Turner? Thaddeus Young, maybe? Based on his high potential and cheap contract, Noel may be the key asset, but there isn’t even much confidence Noel will play anytime soon — projected as the top overall pick, the defensive big man fell to the sixth pick because he’s coming off major knee surgery.
So perhaps we should thank Evan Turner, then, for injecting this small bit of life into the event’s mostly mundane festivities.
[via Jim Ice]
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 0
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 8
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 37
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 34
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43