Sep 28, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Most would agree that the Rockets were the biggest winners in free agency this summer, inking one of the game’s best all-around players in Dwight Howard to a five-year deal that puts them in the championship conversation for the upcoming season.
The franchise apparently decided to go all-in with their facilities too, and unveiled a state-of-the-art new locker room at media day on Friday.
The initial impression is that the bright video boards above the lockers is a cool touch, and one that’s unmatched by any team around the league. But it also seems like stimulation overload in a place that should be a bit of a sanctuary for players to prepare before games, and decompress after them.
[via CSN Houston]
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18