Sep 28, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
Most would agree that the Rockets were the biggest winners in free agency this summer, inking one of the game’s best all-around players in Dwight Howard to a five-year deal that puts them in the championship conversation for the upcoming season.
The franchise apparently decided to go all-in with their facilities too, and unveiled a state-of-the-art new locker room at media day on Friday.
The initial impression is that the bright video boards above the lockers is a cool touch, and one that’s unmatched by any team around the league. But it also seems like stimulation overload in a place that should be a bit of a sanctuary for players to prepare before games, and decompress after them.
[via CSN Houston]
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 7
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6