Sep 28, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Most would agree that the Rockets were the biggest winners in free agency this summer, inking one of the game’s best all-around players in Dwight Howard to a five-year deal that puts them in the championship conversation for the upcoming season.
The franchise apparently decided to go all-in with their facilities too, and unveiled a state-of-the-art new locker room at media day on Friday.
The initial impression is that the bright video boards above the lockers is a cool touch, and one that’s unmatched by any team around the league. But it also seems like stimulation overload in a place that should be a bit of a sanctuary for players to prepare before games, and decompress after them.
[via CSN Houston]
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 13
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9