Sep 28, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
Harrison Barnes had more than his fair share of amazing slam dunk highlights during his rookie season with the Warriors — just check out the clip above, or this collection of the team’s best plays from last year for visual confirmation.
It’s rare that we get the best in-game dunkers wanting to participate in All-Star weekend’s slam dunk contest, but if Barnes has his way, we may be in for something special.
— Golden St. Warriors (@warriors) September 27, 2013
Last year’s contest featured plenty of creativity — the tribute to Vince Carter from 2013 champ Terrence Ross and the dunk over a painting by Jeremy Evans that he personally created were both innovative ideas. But Barnes brings a level of power and athleticism that would make him the early favorite in 2014.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 5
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 15
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 11
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15