Sep 28, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
Harrison Barnes had more than his fair share of amazing slam dunk highlights during his rookie season with the Warriors — just check out the clip above, or this collection of the team’s best plays from last year for visual confirmation.
It’s rare that we get the best in-game dunkers wanting to participate in All-Star weekend’s slam dunk contest, but if Barnes has his way, we may be in for something special.
— Golden St. Warriors (@warriors) September 27, 2013
Last year’s contest featured plenty of creativity — the tribute to Vince Carter from 2013 champ Terrence Ross and the dunk over a painting by Jeremy Evans that he personally created were both innovative ideas. But Barnes brings a level of power and athleticism that would make him the early favorite in 2014.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 12
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11