Sep 28, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
Harrison Barnes had more than his fair share of amazing slam dunk highlights during his rookie season with the Warriors — just check out the clip above, or this collection of the team’s best plays from last year for visual confirmation.
It’s rare that we get the best in-game dunkers wanting to participate in All-Star weekend’s slam dunk contest, but if Barnes has his way, we may be in for something special.
— Golden St. Warriors (@warriors) September 27, 2013
Last year’s contest featured plenty of creativity — the tribute to Vince Carter from 2013 champ Terrence Ross and the dunk over a painting by Jeremy Evans that he personally created were both innovative ideas. But Barnes brings a level of power and athleticism that would make him the early favorite in 2014.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City canceled 5
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)