Sep 28, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
Harrison Barnes had more than his fair share of amazing slam dunk highlights during his rookie season with the Warriors — just check out the clip above, or this collection of the team’s best plays from last year for visual confirmation.
It’s rare that we get the best in-game dunkers wanting to participate in All-Star weekend’s slam dunk contest, but if Barnes has his way, we may be in for something special.
— Golden St. Warriors (@warriors) September 27, 2013
Last year’s contest featured plenty of creativity — the tribute to Vince Carter from 2013 champ Terrence Ross and the dunk over a painting by Jeremy Evans that he personally created were both innovative ideas. But Barnes brings a level of power and athleticism that would make him the early favorite in 2014.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 18
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10