Sep 27, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT
Over the next few days every team in the NBA will host Media Day — media members are invited in to ask questions, watch players get their pictures taken and generally hang around the team. Generally, these are about as interesting as a Chamber of Commerce ribbon cutting in front of the new Yogurtland. It’s a day of clichés and players talking up their team’s chances.
That seems pretty much what happened at the Indiana Pacers media day Friday, but few teams come into the season with the expectations they have. Indiana came within one game of the NBA Finals last season, they have young players such as Paul George (with his new max extension) and Roy Hibbert who are improving every year, they went out and got Luis Scola, C.J. Watson and Chris Copeland, plus they have Danny Granger back.
The question is this: Can the Pacers play up to the level they showed in the postseason consistently? Can they build off what they showed in the playoffs?
Via twitter, here are some notes out of the Pacers media day.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18