Sep 27, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT
Over the next few days every team in the NBA will host Media Day — media members are invited in to ask questions, watch players get their pictures taken and generally hang around the team. Generally, these are about as interesting as a Chamber of Commerce ribbon cutting in front of the new Yogurtland. It’s a day of clichés and players talking up their team’s chances.
That seems pretty much what happened at the Indiana Pacers media day Friday, but few teams come into the season with the expectations they have. Indiana came within one game of the NBA Finals last season, they have young players such as Paul George (with his new max extension) and Roy Hibbert who are improving every year, they went out and got Luis Scola, C.J. Watson and Chris Copeland, plus they have Danny Granger back.
The question is this: Can the Pacers play up to the level they showed in the postseason consistently? Can they build off what they showed in the playoffs?
Via twitter, here are some notes out of the Pacers media day.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 0
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 30
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40