Sep 27, 2013, 2:26 PM EDT
Over the next few days every team in the NBA will host Media Day — media members are invited in to ask questions, watch players get their pictures taken and generally hang around the team. Generally, these are about as interesting as a Chamber of Commerce ribbon cutting in front of the new Yogurtland. It’s a day of clichés and players talking up their team’s chances.
That seems pretty much what happened at the Indiana Pacers media day Friday, but few teams come into the season with the expectations they have. Indiana came within one game of the NBA Finals last season, they have young players such as Paul George (with his new max extension) and Roy Hibbert who are improving every year, they went out and got Luis Scola, C.J. Watson and Chris Copeland, plus they have Danny Granger back.
The question is this: Can the Pacers play up to the level they showed in the postseason consistently? Can they build off what they showed in the playoffs?
Via twitter, here are some notes out of the Pacers media day.
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 4
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 30
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 4
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 10
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 34