Sep 27, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
While Miami Heat were dousing each other with champagne and celebrating their NBA Finals win last June, many media were lined up just outside that door to get into the locker room to get some video or a picture or a quote. Then rapper Drake and his entourage tried to barge their way in.
If it were the Heat had been hosting the Bucks on a Tuesday night in February, he would have gotten in. During the Finals, he got shot down. Fast.
On ESPN’s Highly Questionable, Drake basically said good on the security guard who stopped him. The video is below but here is the money quote:
“As a joke I tried to go in with the media through the media entrance, as they were all swarming in. That was a great night, one of the greatest nights of my life. But that was probably the highlight, getting denied by that old guy and it making news everywhere. That’s a classic moment. I’m allowed to go in the Heat locker room for the most part, I just tried to do it a funny way. It didn’t work out for me, I’ll never do it again.”
Well, until the next time the Heat win a title.
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 1
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 7
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 24