Sep 27, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
While Miami Heat were dousing each other with champagne and celebrating their NBA Finals win last June, many media were lined up just outside that door to get into the locker room to get some video or a picture or a quote. Then rapper Drake and his entourage tried to barge their way in.
If it were the Heat had been hosting the Bucks on a Tuesday night in February, he would have gotten in. During the Finals, he got shot down. Fast.
On ESPN’s Highly Questionable, Drake basically said good on the security guard who stopped him. The video is below but here is the money quote:
“As a joke I tried to go in with the media through the media entrance, as they were all swarming in. That was a great night, one of the greatest nights of my life. But that was probably the highlight, getting denied by that old guy and it making news everywhere. That’s a classic moment. I’m allowed to go in the Heat locker room for the most part, I just tried to do it a funny way. It didn’t work out for me, I’ll never do it again.”
Well, until the next time the Heat win a title.
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 0
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 3
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 2
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 6
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)