Sep 27, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
While Miami Heat were dousing each other with champagne and celebrating their NBA Finals win last June, many media were lined up just outside that door to get into the locker room to get some video or a picture or a quote. Then rapper Drake and his entourage tried to barge their way in.
If it were the Heat had been hosting the Bucks on a Tuesday night in February, he would have gotten in. During the Finals, he got shot down. Fast.
On ESPN’s Highly Questionable, Drake basically said good on the security guard who stopped him. The video is below but here is the money quote:
“As a joke I tried to go in with the media through the media entrance, as they were all swarming in. That was a great night, one of the greatest nights of my life. But that was probably the highlight, getting denied by that old guy and it making news everywhere. That’s a classic moment. I’m allowed to go in the Heat locker room for the most part, I just tried to do it a funny way. It didn’t work out for me, I’ll never do it again.”
Well, until the next time the Heat win a title.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 14
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8