Sep 27, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
While Miami Heat were dousing each other with champagne and celebrating their NBA Finals win last June, many media were lined up just outside that door to get into the locker room to get some video or a picture or a quote. Then rapper Drake and his entourage tried to barge their way in.
If it were the Heat had been hosting the Bucks on a Tuesday night in February, he would have gotten in. During the Finals, he got shot down. Fast.
On ESPN’s Highly Questionable, Drake basically said good on the security guard who stopped him. The video is below but here is the money quote:
“As a joke I tried to go in with the media through the media entrance, as they were all swarming in. That was a great night, one of the greatest nights of my life. But that was probably the highlight, getting denied by that old guy and it making news everywhere. That’s a classic moment. I’m allowed to go in the Heat locker room for the most part, I just tried to do it a funny way. It didn’t work out for me, I’ll never do it again.”
Well, until the next time the Heat win a title.
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 22
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 21
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2