Sep 26, 2013, 2:35 PM EST
The two worked out together this summer — when Durant wasn’t playing in pro-ams or going to football games — and speaking with Comcast Sports Net Chicago Tuesday Durant gave a glowing report on how Rose is doing.
Then Durant said the reason Rose looks so good is he took a whole year off to get right.
“He’s been looking great. It was really good for him that he took the whole year off. A lot of people criticized him for it and really were upset about him not playing, but it was the best thing for him. I can tell because he looks better.”
Rose sat out all of last season following a knee injury in the playoffs the year before. This was the league MVP and the guy who made the Bulls offense go and they were just not the same threat without him. Because Rose would never close the door to returning (even during the playoffs) it became a public relations mess that hurt Rose’s image in Chicago. But in the end fans will get over it — he chose not to risk his health and career to entertain fans, that’s his right, contract or not.
Five games into this season Bulls fans will be back on board because they realize they are contenders.
Durant realizes how good they can be.
“I love Coach (Tom Thibodeau) and what he brings to the table. Their defense is one of the best I’ve ever seen, so that gets them by. But I think they need the extra push from the offense, and that’s what D-Rose brings to the table. He’s so explosive, so great. He’s such a great person all around, and I really enjoy watching him play. He’s one of the few players I would go pay to see play. He’s going to make them even better this year.”
- Report: Rockets look to trade Asik next week, Varejao in play 0
- Nets notes: Kidd takes some credit, Lopez downplays injury, and Pierce off the bench 0
- Report: Knicks’ owner shoots down trade to get team Kyle Lowry 8
- The Extra Pass: Deron Williams is the difference for Nets; plus Thursday’s recaps 0
- Thursday night NBA grades: Any more questions for LaMarcus Aldridge? Didn’t think so. 5
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)