Sep 25, 2013, 6:10 PM EST
The Los Angeles Clippers are thin along the front line. Sure they start with the incredibly athletic pairing of Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan, but when they go to the bench (or when Jordan has to sit the fourth quarter) it is Ryan Hollins and Byron Mullens. And that’s it.
Now Louis Amundson will try to work his way into that group.
Amundson has gotten an invite to Clippers training camp, reports Marc Stein of ESPN. The Clippers had been rumored to have had interest in him for a while but this is a non-guaranteed contract.
Amundson played 39 games with three teams last season and brings a team energy off the bench, some rebounding, and almost no offense whatsoever. He’s not going to provide a team much at this point, but it may be enough to make the Clippers roster. Maybe. But it’s still a long shot.
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)