Sep 25, 2013, 6:10 PM EST
The Los Angeles Clippers are thin along the front line. Sure they start with the incredibly athletic pairing of Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan, but when they go to the bench (or when Jordan has to sit the fourth quarter) it is Ryan Hollins and Byron Mullens. And that’s it.
Now Louis Amundson will try to work his way into that group.
Amundson has gotten an invite to Clippers training camp, reports Marc Stein of ESPN. The Clippers had been rumored to have had interest in him for a while but this is a non-guaranteed contract.
Amundson played 39 games with three teams last season and brings a team energy off the bench, some rebounding, and almost no offense whatsoever. He’s not going to provide a team much at this point, but it may be enough to make the Clippers roster. Maybe. But it’s still a long shot.
- Michael Carter-Williams returns to Sixers lineup Friday against Nets 2
- Report: Bulls not looking to trade Luol Deng. Why would you think that? 7
- Kendrick Perkins tells Joakim Noah to “get your a– up out’ of Thunder locker room 27
- The Extra Pass: Chicago’s never-ending story, plus Thursday’s recaps 0
- No stars, no problem: Spurs reserves too much for Warriors in 104-102 win 11
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (58)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)