Sep 25, 2013, 5:37 PM EDT
As we told you (and have been telling you for a while) the 2015 NBA All-Star Game will take place in New York, split between Brooklyn’s Barclay’s Center (Friday and Saturday night’s events) and Madison Square Garden (Sunday’s All-Star Game).
David Stern was on hand to make it official, then a bunch of rich guys (and a gal) in suits got to talk. Trust me, that’s mostly what happens at official press conferences. In this case that included Michael Bloomberg, who helped get both sides to accept this unusual deal (in part because a few years later the event will be back in NYC with the roles reversed).
Here are some highlights from the press conference. I promise the actual All-Star weekend will be a lot more fun… not quite they held it at The Cage fun, but fun.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 0
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 1
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 20
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 97
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 46