Sep 25, 2013, 5:37 PM EDT
As we told you (and have been telling you for a while) the 2015 NBA All-Star Game will take place in New York, split between Brooklyn’s Barclay’s Center (Friday and Saturday night’s events) and Madison Square Garden (Sunday’s All-Star Game).
David Stern was on hand to make it official, then a bunch of rich guys (and a gal) in suits got to talk. Trust me, that’s mostly what happens at official press conferences. In this case that included Michael Bloomberg, who helped get both sides to accept this unusual deal (in part because a few years later the event will be back in NYC with the roles reversed).
Here are some highlights from the press conference. I promise the actual All-Star weekend will be a lot more fun… not quite they held it at The Cage fun, but fun.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8