Sep 25, 2013, 5:37 PM EDT
As we told you (and have been telling you for a while) the 2015 NBA All-Star Game will take place in New York, split between Brooklyn’s Barclay’s Center (Friday and Saturday night’s events) and Madison Square Garden (Sunday’s All-Star Game).
David Stern was on hand to make it official, then a bunch of rich guys (and a gal) in suits got to talk. Trust me, that’s mostly what happens at official press conferences. In this case that included Michael Bloomberg, who helped get both sides to accept this unusual deal (in part because a few years later the event will be back in NYC with the roles reversed).
Here are some highlights from the press conference. I promise the actual All-Star weekend will be a lot more fun… not quite they held it at The Cage fun, but fun.
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 0
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7