Sep 24, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
Well, the good news is Avery Bradley is healthy and ready for training camp to start.
That’s particularly good because he could be playing the point for the first couple months of the season, sharing time with rookie Phil Pressey.
All that because Rajon Rondo could be out until December.
In an interview with other reporters after the radio spot, Ainge backed away from the December timeline and simply said there is no timetable. As we’ve said before (about Rondo and other injured players) you can bet there is a timetable, teams are just not releasing them now. It sounds like Ainge let this one slip.
He said Rondo would still be a leader on this team.
It was expected to be a difficult year for the Celtics, this simply adds to it. The Celtics are going to get to test their young players — Ainge listed Avery Bradley Jeff Green and Jared Sullinger as potential leaders — but this is going to be a challenging year, especially starting without Rondo.
As for the possibility of trading Rondo, other teams are going to want to see him on the court before they offer anything of value.
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 1
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 54
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 18
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 33
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3