Sep 24, 2013, 11:24 AM EST
Well, the good news is Avery Bradley is healthy and ready for training camp to start.
That’s particularly good because he could be playing the point for the first couple months of the season, sharing time with rookie Phil Pressey.
All that because Rajon Rondo could be out until December.
In an interview with other reporters after the radio spot, Ainge backed away from the December timeline and simply said there is no timetable. As we’ve said before (about Rondo and other injured players) you can bet there is a timetable, teams are just not releasing them now. It sounds like Ainge let this one slip.
He said Rondo would still be a leader on this team.
It was expected to be a difficult year for the Celtics, this simply adds to it. The Celtics are going to get to test their young players — Ainge listed Avery Bradley Jeff Green and Jared Sullinger as potential leaders — but this is going to be a challenging year, especially starting without Rondo.
As for the possibility of trading Rondo, other teams are going to want to see him on the court before they offer anything of value.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 9
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 7
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 1
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 20
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (39)