Sep 24, 2013, 11:24 AM EST
Well, the good news is Avery Bradley is healthy and ready for training camp to start.
That’s particularly good because he could be playing the point for the first couple months of the season, sharing time with rookie Phil Pressey.
All that because Rajon Rondo could be out until December.
In an interview with other reporters after the radio spot, Ainge backed away from the December timeline and simply said there is no timetable. As we’ve said before (about Rondo and other injured players) you can bet there is a timetable, teams are just not releasing them now. It sounds like Ainge let this one slip.
He said Rondo would still be a leader on this team.
It was expected to be a difficult year for the Celtics, this simply adds to it. The Celtics are going to get to test their young players — Ainge listed Avery Bradley Jeff Green and Jared Sullinger as potential leaders — but this is going to be a challenging year, especially starting without Rondo.
As for the possibility of trading Rondo, other teams are going to want to see him on the court before they offer anything of value.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 8
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 5
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0