Sep 24, 2013, 3:26 PM EST
This post must start with a disclaimer: Take all of this with plenty of salt. Reports of what celebrities did in a club late at night are as reliable as milk a week past the use by date.
But if you choose to believe the reports, apparently rapper The Game got fed up with Brandon Jennings at a Los Angeles area club and landed a punch.
Jennings was at (LA club) Lure hosting his birthday party with friends, which didn’t sit well with the Compton rapper who frequents the club. “Game feels like Toxic is his, and he didn’t like that Jennings was hogging the microphone. He felt like he was being disrespected,” one person who witnessed the altercation tells us. “Game tried to have words with him, and it just escalated quickly and Game hit Brandon in the mouth,” another source says.
According to the report security broke up what there was of a fight, but the two entourages of the celebrities would not let it go and eventually security closed the whole thing down.
By the way, I’m taking The Game over Jennings in a fight. Not sure it’s close.
New Piston Jennings could have used that huge front line of Josh Smith, Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe to back him up. We will see if by the end of the season those three would stand in line to punch Jennings after another ill-advised stepback three.
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 0
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 2
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 11
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 14
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (53)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)