Sep 24, 2013, 3:26 PM EDT
This post must start with a disclaimer: Take all of this with plenty of salt. Reports of what celebrities did in a club late at night are as reliable as milk a week past the use by date.
But if you choose to believe the reports, apparently rapper The Game got fed up with Brandon Jennings at a Los Angeles area club and landed a punch.
Jennings was at (LA club) Lure hosting his birthday party with friends, which didn’t sit well with the Compton rapper who frequents the club. “Game feels like Toxic is his, and he didn’t like that Jennings was hogging the microphone. He felt like he was being disrespected,” one person who witnessed the altercation tells us. “Game tried to have words with him, and it just escalated quickly and Game hit Brandon in the mouth,” another source says.
According to the report security broke up what there was of a fight, but the two entourages of the celebrities would not let it go and eventually security closed the whole thing down.
By the way, I’m taking The Game over Jennings in a fight. Not sure it’s close.
New Piston Jennings could have used that huge front line of Josh Smith, Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe to back him up. We will see if by the end of the season those three would stand in line to punch Jennings after another ill-advised stepback three.
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 16
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 53
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 60
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 30
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 19
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 56
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 3