Sep 24, 2013, 3:26 PM EST
This post must start with a disclaimer: Take all of this with plenty of salt. Reports of what celebrities did in a club late at night are as reliable as milk a week past the use by date.
But if you choose to believe the reports, apparently rapper The Game got fed up with Brandon Jennings at a Los Angeles area club and landed a punch.
Jennings was at (LA club) Lure hosting his birthday party with friends, which didn’t sit well with the Compton rapper who frequents the club. “Game feels like Toxic is his, and he didn’t like that Jennings was hogging the microphone. He felt like he was being disrespected,” one person who witnessed the altercation tells us. “Game tried to have words with him, and it just escalated quickly and Game hit Brandon in the mouth,” another source says.
According to the report security broke up what there was of a fight, but the two entourages of the celebrities would not let it go and eventually security closed the whole thing down.
By the way, I’m taking The Game over Jennings in a fight. Not sure it’s close.
New Piston Jennings could have used that huge front line of Josh Smith, Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe to back him up. We will see if by the end of the season those three would stand in line to punch Jennings after another ill-advised stepback three.
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 0
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27