Sep 24, 2013, 3:26 PM EST
This post must start with a disclaimer: Take all of this with plenty of salt. Reports of what celebrities did in a club late at night are as reliable as milk a week past the use by date.
But if you choose to believe the reports, apparently rapper The Game got fed up with Brandon Jennings at a Los Angeles area club and landed a punch.
Jennings was at (LA club) Lure hosting his birthday party with friends, which didn’t sit well with the Compton rapper who frequents the club. “Game feels like Toxic is his, and he didn’t like that Jennings was hogging the microphone. He felt like he was being disrespected,” one person who witnessed the altercation tells us. “Game tried to have words with him, and it just escalated quickly and Game hit Brandon in the mouth,” another source says.
According to the report security broke up what there was of a fight, but the two entourages of the celebrities would not let it go and eventually security closed the whole thing down.
By the way, I’m taking The Game over Jennings in a fight. Not sure it’s close.
New Piston Jennings could have used that huge front line of Josh Smith, Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe to back him up. We will see if by the end of the season those three would stand in line to punch Jennings after another ill-advised stepback three.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16