Sep 24, 2013, 3:26 PM EDT
This post must start with a disclaimer: Take all of this with plenty of salt. Reports of what celebrities did in a club late at night are as reliable as milk a week past the use by date.
But if you choose to believe the reports, apparently rapper The Game got fed up with Brandon Jennings at a Los Angeles area club and landed a punch.
Jennings was at (LA club) Lure hosting his birthday party with friends, which didn’t sit well with the Compton rapper who frequents the club. “Game feels like Toxic is his, and he didn’t like that Jennings was hogging the microphone. He felt like he was being disrespected,” one person who witnessed the altercation tells us. “Game tried to have words with him, and it just escalated quickly and Game hit Brandon in the mouth,” another source says.
According to the report security broke up what there was of a fight, but the two entourages of the celebrities would not let it go and eventually security closed the whole thing down.
By the way, I’m taking The Game over Jennings in a fight. Not sure it’s close.
New Piston Jennings could have used that huge front line of Josh Smith, Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe to back him up. We will see if by the end of the season those three would stand in line to punch Jennings after another ill-advised stepback three.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 27
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18