Sep 24, 2013, 2:13 PM EDT
It was thought a month ago that Glen Davis would be back for the start of Orlando’s training camp after missing most of last season following foot surgery.
Orlando GM Rob Hennigan did a Q&A with Orlando’s own site and sounded very cautious about the return of Davis.
“He’s progressing on schedule and he is progressing slowly. And that’s by design. One thing that we want to make sure of is that when Glen does come back we don’t want him to re-aggravate that foot. So we’re being very cautious and very vigilant in how he is preparing. He is moving along as scheduled but we still don’t have a firm timetable yet to when he will return.”
Orlando has some interesting young pieces up front to give minutes to — Tobias Harris at the four, plus they have Andrew Nicholson as a backup and Nikola Vucevic at the five. That’s not mentioning Jason Maxiell.
I expect Orlando will clear Davis during training camp and then they will showcase him (as they will Jameer Nelson). Eventually one team that sees itself as a contender will need another big man and the Magic will continue their rebuilding efforts (which will include a high draft pick next summer, one earned by being bad this season).
- Tony ‘First Team All-Defense’ Allen and Mike ‘Masked Assassin’ Conley lead Grizzlies to Game 2 win over Warriors 8
- Hawks unimpressive, but pull away late for Game 2 win over Wizards 2
- Mike Conley playing Game 2 against Warriors tonight 0
- John Wall out for Wizards-Hawks Game 2 tonight 3
- PBT Extra: Will Doc Rivers sit Chris Paul in Game 2? 0
- Tony Allen on MVP Stephen Curry: “It ain’t nothing I ain’t never seen before” 23
- PBT Extra: Grizzlies searching for answers, Mike Conley in Game 2 3
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0