Sep 24, 2013, 2:13 PM EDT
It was thought a month ago that Glen Davis would be back for the start of Orlando’s training camp after missing most of last season following foot surgery.
Orlando GM Rob Hennigan did a Q&A with Orlando’s own site and sounded very cautious about the return of Davis.
“He’s progressing on schedule and he is progressing slowly. And that’s by design. One thing that we want to make sure of is that when Glen does come back we don’t want him to re-aggravate that foot. So we’re being very cautious and very vigilant in how he is preparing. He is moving along as scheduled but we still don’t have a firm timetable yet to when he will return.”
Orlando has some interesting young pieces up front to give minutes to — Tobias Harris at the four, plus they have Andrew Nicholson as a backup and Nikola Vucevic at the five. That’s not mentioning Jason Maxiell.
I expect Orlando will clear Davis during training camp and then they will showcase him (as they will Jameer Nelson). Eventually one team that sees itself as a contender will need another big man and the Magic will continue their rebuilding efforts (which will include a high draft pick next summer, one earned by being bad this season).
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge ruining Dwight Howard’s chance at redemption 1
- Spurs give the ball away first, then Game 2 to Dallas 8
- Bobcats fight to the end, but Heat come away with 2-0 series lead 4
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 12