Sep 24, 2013, 6:29 PM EDT
Aldrich has been the opposite NBA story. He could not carve out a spot in Oklahoma City (losing time to Nick Collison), and while he had a short stint with Houston and Sacramento last season both teams went another direction. In three seasons Aldrich has gotten on the court in 89 games total.
Aldrich hasn’t been able to latch on anywhere this summer, so he has accepted an invite to the Knicks training camp, the team announced.
The Knicks have Tyson Chandler at center, but when he goes to the bench it’s going to be a combination of Kenyon Martin and Jeremy Tyler (once he returns from foot surgery). In the short term the Knicks are looking at someone who could help along the front line (they have 14 filled roster spots, they can take on one more).
Aldrich, Josh Powell and Ike Diogu all are going to get a chance in camp to impress Mike Woodson and staff and get that spot.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 5
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 6
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 10
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 18
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 9
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31