Sep 24, 2013, 6:29 PM EDT
Aldrich has been the opposite NBA story. He could not carve out a spot in Oklahoma City (losing time to Nick Collison), and while he had a short stint with Houston and Sacramento last season both teams went another direction. In three seasons Aldrich has gotten on the court in 89 games total.
Aldrich hasn’t been able to latch on anywhere this summer, so he has accepted an invite to the Knicks training camp, the team announced.
The Knicks have Tyson Chandler at center, but when he goes to the bench it’s going to be a combination of Kenyon Martin and Jeremy Tyler (once he returns from foot surgery). In the short term the Knicks are looking at someone who could help along the front line (they have 14 filled roster spots, they can take on one more).
Aldrich, Josh Powell and Ike Diogu all are going to get a chance in camp to impress Mike Woodson and staff and get that spot.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23