Sep 24, 2013, 6:29 PM EDT
Aldrich has been the opposite NBA story. He could not carve out a spot in Oklahoma City (losing time to Nick Collison), and while he had a short stint with Houston and Sacramento last season both teams went another direction. In three seasons Aldrich has gotten on the court in 89 games total.
Aldrich hasn’t been able to latch on anywhere this summer, so he has accepted an invite to the Knicks training camp, the team announced.
The Knicks have Tyson Chandler at center, but when he goes to the bench it’s going to be a combination of Kenyon Martin and Jeremy Tyler (once he returns from foot surgery). In the short term the Knicks are looking at someone who could help along the front line (they have 14 filled roster spots, they can take on one more).
Aldrich, Josh Powell and Ike Diogu all are going to get a chance in camp to impress Mike Woodson and staff and get that spot.
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 0
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 0
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 2
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 20
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6