Sep 24, 2013, 6:29 PM EDT
Aldrich has been the opposite NBA story. He could not carve out a spot in Oklahoma City (losing time to Nick Collison), and while he had a short stint with Houston and Sacramento last season both teams went another direction. In three seasons Aldrich has gotten on the court in 89 games total.
Aldrich hasn’t been able to latch on anywhere this summer, so he has accepted an invite to the Knicks training camp, the team announced.
The Knicks have Tyson Chandler at center, but when he goes to the bench it’s going to be a combination of Kenyon Martin and Jeremy Tyler (once he returns from foot surgery). In the short term the Knicks are looking at someone who could help along the front line (they have 14 filled roster spots, they can take on one more).
Aldrich, Josh Powell and Ike Diogu all are going to get a chance in camp to impress Mike Woodson and staff and get that spot.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 0
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 20
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 20
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9