Sep 24, 2013, 6:29 PM EDT
Aldrich has been the opposite NBA story. He could not carve out a spot in Oklahoma City (losing time to Nick Collison), and while he had a short stint with Houston and Sacramento last season both teams went another direction. In three seasons Aldrich has gotten on the court in 89 games total.
Aldrich hasn’t been able to latch on anywhere this summer, so he has accepted an invite to the Knicks training camp, the team announced.
The Knicks have Tyson Chandler at center, but when he goes to the bench it’s going to be a combination of Kenyon Martin and Jeremy Tyler (once he returns from foot surgery). In the short term the Knicks are looking at someone who could help along the front line (they have 14 filled roster spots, they can take on one more).
Aldrich, Josh Powell and Ike Diogu all are going to get a chance in camp to impress Mike Woodson and staff and get that spot.
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 12
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 4
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 38
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 23