Sep 24, 2013, 12:49 PM EDT
Gone are Jason Kidd, Rasheed Wallace, Kurt Thomas, and Marcus Camby.
It’s not quite that clean and simple (Chris Copeland and Steve Novak are gone as well) but the idea is clear — New York got younger. Last season they were the oldest team in NBA history, this season they are not young but they are younger.
“No knock to the guys we had last year. Those guys had incredible careers. I wish I could play that long. But we are young. That’s what I’m saying. We’re a younger team this year. We still got depth from last year, but we also have a younger bench. That’s going to help us later in the season.”
Felton put himself in the time-honored pre-camp category of “I lost 15 pounds this summer and feel the best I have in years.” Every team has one or two of those guys each season, this year for the Knicks it is Felton. All such revelations should be treated with skepticism until proven otherwise (and we see it improve his play).
The basic idea is this: the younger Knicks will not wear down as much, battle fewer injuries over the course of the season and win a few more games (they likely do win a few more, because they are better and in part because with teams going woeful for Wiggins there will be more wins for every good team). More importantly, they will be better positioned for the playoffs, where the Knicks are going to need to be healthy and better to advance farther than they did a year ago.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 5
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 6
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 10
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 18
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 9
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31