Sep 23, 2013, 7:19 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Blake Griffin is a new proud father of Ford Wilson Cameron-Griffin, who was born Aug. 1. Congrats to Griffin and we hope the child is healthy and happy. Of course, what is going to get people’s attention is who he had the baby with, as reported by TMZ:
Former USC basketball star Brynn Cameron has an eye for athletic sperm. You may recall she had a baby with NFL QB Matt Leinart. Well guess whose baby she just had …
What we can really hope for is a healthy, happy childhood for Ford. Nothing else really matters.
• Since we’re being sensational, here is Gilbert Arenas and Nick Young getting their pictures taken with a topless mermaid.
• As expected, the Trail Blazers have waived Terrel Harris (who they got as part of the Robin Lopez trade). He could catch on with another team but if he does he will have to serve a five-game drug suspension to start the season.
• While earlier studies suggested there was no such thing as a shooter with a hot hand, a study using the high-tech tracking cameras going into stadiums now says there may be something to it after all.
• James Posey has been added as a coach to the Cavaliers D-League team.
• Villanova associate head coach Billy Lange is joining Brett Brown and the staff of the Philadelphia 76ers. Brown has said he wants a couple of coaches on this team of young players focused simply on player development, Lange is part of that.
• Ike Diogu has a got an invite to the Knicks training camp.
• Patrick O’Bryant earned an invite to the Bobcats training camp.
• Larry Drew II got an invite to the Heat training camp.
• Darnell Jackson got an invite to attend the Pacers’ training camp.
• Heat draft pick James Ennis won the Australian league preseason MVP award. That and $4 buys you a latte at Starbucks.
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 0
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 39
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 14
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 8
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 55