Sep 22, 2013, 9:31 PM EDT
With this game opposite a slate of NFL football on a Sunday afternoon, not a lot of you were likely doing what I did — stream the game at home and watch it.
So for you, here are the highlights from France’s 80-66 win over Lithuania, which gave France its first ever European championship. Parker had 12 for France, but it was really Nicolas Baturm who led France’s 18-3 second quarter run that gave them a comfortable lead they never surrendered. Boris Diaw chipped in 15 for France.
As he should have been for his two-week performance, Tony Parker was named EuroBasket’s MVP.
Enjoy these highlights, because it’s the last really competitive basketball you will see until Oct. 29 (no, we are not counting preseason games as competitive).
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 0
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 8
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 4
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 2
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3