Sep 22, 2013, 9:31 PM EDT
With this game opposite a slate of NFL football on a Sunday afternoon, not a lot of you were likely doing what I did — stream the game at home and watch it.
So for you, here are the highlights from France’s 80-66 win over Lithuania, which gave France its first ever European championship. Parker had 12 for France, but it was really Nicolas Baturm who led France’s 18-3 second quarter run that gave them a comfortable lead they never surrendered. Boris Diaw chipped in 15 for France.
As he should have been for his two-week performance, Tony Parker was named EuroBasket’s MVP.
Enjoy these highlights, because it’s the last really competitive basketball you will see until Oct. 29 (no, we are not counting preseason games as competitive).
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16