Sep 22, 2013, 9:31 PM EDT
With this game opposite a slate of NFL football on a Sunday afternoon, not a lot of you were likely doing what I did — stream the game at home and watch it.
So for you, here are the highlights from France’s 80-66 win over Lithuania, which gave France its first ever European championship. Parker had 12 for France, but it was really Nicolas Baturm who led France’s 18-3 second quarter run that gave them a comfortable lead they never surrendered. Boris Diaw chipped in 15 for France.
As he should have been for his two-week performance, Tony Parker was named EuroBasket’s MVP.
Enjoy these highlights, because it’s the last really competitive basketball you will see until Oct. 29 (no, we are not counting preseason games as competitive).
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 3
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 34
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 79
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 3
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11