Sep 21, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
In the EuroBasket semi-finals, France was finally able to conquer Spain in overtime, thanks in large part to Tony Parker‘s big 32-point performance. Parker is just one of many NBA players racking up big minutes this summer, but when you watch these games, you begin to understand how important it is to these guys to represent their home country.
While Parker deserves a great deal of the credit for France advancing to the championship game tomorrow against a surprising Lithuania squad led by Toronto Raptors big man Jonas Valanciunas, check out how well France defended Spain’s last possession. That’s what you call suffocating defense.
We’ll see if Parker and France can keep it tomorrow in the final game of the 2013 EuroBasket tournament.
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 2
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 8
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 32
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11