Sep 21, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
In the EuroBasket semi-finals, France was finally able to conquer Spain in overtime, thanks in large part to Tony Parker‘s big 32-point performance. Parker is just one of many NBA players racking up big minutes this summer, but when you watch these games, you begin to understand how important it is to these guys to represent their home country.
While Parker deserves a great deal of the credit for France advancing to the championship game tomorrow against a surprising Lithuania squad led by Toronto Raptors big man Jonas Valanciunas, check out how well France defended Spain’s last possession. That’s what you call suffocating defense.
We’ll see if Parker and France can keep it tomorrow in the final game of the 2013 EuroBasket tournament.
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 1
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 0
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 8
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 4
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 24
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 4