Sep 21, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
In the EuroBasket semi-finals, France was finally able to conquer Spain in overtime, thanks in large part to Tony Parker‘s big 32-point performance. Parker is just one of many NBA players racking up big minutes this summer, but when you watch these games, you begin to understand how important it is to these guys to represent their home country.
While Parker deserves a great deal of the credit for France advancing to the championship game tomorrow against a surprising Lithuania squad led by Toronto Raptors big man Jonas Valanciunas, check out how well France defended Spain’s last possession. That’s what you call suffocating defense.
We’ll see if Parker and France can keep it tomorrow in the final game of the 2013 EuroBasket tournament.
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 2
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clipper’s Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 9
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 15
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35