Sep 21, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
In the EuroBasket semi-finals, France was finally able to conquer Spain in overtime, thanks in large part to Tony Parker‘s big 32-point performance. Parker is just one of many NBA players racking up big minutes this summer, but when you watch these games, you begin to understand how important it is to these guys to represent their home country.
While Parker deserves a great deal of the credit for France advancing to the championship game tomorrow against a surprising Lithuania squad led by Toronto Raptors big man Jonas Valanciunas, check out how well France defended Spain’s last possession. That’s what you call suffocating defense.
We’ll see if Parker and France can keep it tomorrow in the final game of the 2013 EuroBasket tournament.
- What kind of coach is Chicago getting with Fred Hoiberg? 0
- PBT Extra: Finals preview, how good are new and improved Cavaliers? 7
- Shaq would take Kobe Bryant over LeBron James because of “killer instinct” 71
- PBT Podcast: NBA Finals breakdown, predictions 4
- Cavaliers rate well when adjusting for playoff rotations. Warriors rate better 1
- LeBron James vs. Stephen Curry: More than meets the eye 18
- Kevin Love on if he plans to play next season for the Cavaliers: “Yes, sir” 27
- Pelicans will play faster, lean on Anthony Davis more under Alvin Gentry 18