Derrick Rose is ‘all in for Chicago’ (VIDEO)

Sep 21, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT

It’s an exciting time for Derrick Rose, who will be back on the court at 100 percent for the Bulls for the first time in over 17 months once training camp opens on September 27.

He’s also unveiling his latest signature shoe, the D Rose 4, at an event in Chicago this weekend.

The latest spot from adidas gets you hyped for his return, with a few highlights showing just what we’ve missed from one of the game’s most explosive players. And staying consistent with previous campaigns, this one features Rose tying everything in with the city of Chicago.

“Have I done enough to get my name on a shoe,” Rose says. “Or deserve the world lifting me up when I was down? Can I give my city the ultimate thank you? It’s time to remind the world that even though I wasn’t on the court, I never left the game.”

Use #DROSE4 to join the conversation on Twitter and Instagram.

1. sknicks21 - Sep 21, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Will be interesting to see how Rose looks when he comes back. His game is so reliant on his knees, with his speed and jumping, that it will be interesting to see how long it takes him to get back to 100%.. Shumpert was hesitant for a while and it took him a while to get back into full form, I expect the same from D-Rose.

2. antistratfordian - Sep 21, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Did he even get to wear his 3s? I like those a lot better than the 4s, whose design I find perplexing from a taste standpoint. And yes I have an inordinate amount of good taste.

3. stayhigh_247 - Sep 21, 2013 at 9:07 PM

in the heat of battle, D Rose is gonna forget about that knee and play to win. Miami & Indiana aren’t gonna let him take any days off, plus I think he’s got something to prove to all the haters..

4. papichulo55 - Sep 21, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Let’s hope that the coach manages his minutes and let us enjoy a healthy Bulls team for the Playoffs.

5. pantsfreezone - Sep 22, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Enjoy your 5th seed 1st round exit D Rose! Welcome back!

• 00maltliquor - Sep 22, 2013 at 1:46 AM

1st round exit? Yeah right.

• chicitybulls - Sep 23, 2013 at 1:00 PM

5th seed? Yeah ok. You must just be saying that to be “cool” or as some sort of joke. In all honesty you dont believe this is a 5 seed. They finished 5th last year without Rose. And you think his return wont make them any better? I know Brooklyn has changed some pieces but we’ll see how they do throughout the season. That team is built for the playoffs…not the regular season. This is a top 3 team at worst.

• pantsfreezone - Sep 23, 2013 at 1:54 PM

You are right, I don’t believe they are a 5th seed. They are probably behind the Hawks right now. They are a broken down team banking on a perfect Derrick Rose to help them. If there weren’t so many teams tanking this season, I’d push them lower.

• chicitybulls - Sep 23, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Hahaha. You’re a funny guy. Funny like a clown. You entertain me.

Woodson, D'Antoni's coaching futures