Sep 21, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
Considering the age and injury history of the Brooklyn Nets starting five this season, managing minutes and injuries should rank pretty high on the list of priorities for head coach Jason Kidd. Even though there may be some concerns heading into training camp about Deron Williams‘ ankle or the minutes racking up for Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Joe Johnson, the Nets have a good chance at starting the season with a clean bill of health.
Foot surgeries can be scary for men of an extremely large nature (ask Zydrunas Ilgauskas), but it sounds like everything is right where it belongs in Brook Lopez‘s right foot.
#Nets C Brook Lopez, who had a screw replaced in his surgically-repaired right foot over the summer, says he’s 100% healthy, ready for camp.
— Ian Begley (@IanBegley) September 21, 2013
That’s some great news for the Nets. Although the regular season feels like nothing more than a formality for such a talented team, this group could use as much time on the floor together as possible, especially with a new system and coach in place.
Lopez built a lot of momentum last year after putting together his best season yet, and so long as he can stay 100 percent healthy as he says he is now, the Nets have a shot at hanging with just about anyone in a seven-game series.
It’s a long road to the postseason, but it sounds like Lopez will be starting off on the right foot. Sorry. I’ll see myself out.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23