Sep 21, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
Considering the age and injury history of the Brooklyn Nets starting five this season, managing minutes and injuries should rank pretty high on the list of priorities for head coach Jason Kidd. Even though there may be some concerns heading into training camp about Deron Williams‘ ankle or the minutes racking up for Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett and Joe Johnson, the Nets have a good chance at starting the season with a clean bill of health.
Foot surgeries can be scary for men of an extremely large nature (ask Zydrunas Ilgauskas), but it sounds like everything is right where it belongs in Brook Lopez‘s right foot.
#Nets C Brook Lopez, who had a screw replaced in his surgically-repaired right foot over the summer, says he’s 100% healthy, ready for camp.
— Ian Begley (@IanBegley) September 21, 2013
That’s some great news for the Nets. Although the regular season feels like nothing more than a formality for such a talented team, this group could use as much time on the floor together as possible, especially with a new system and coach in place.
Lopez built a lot of momentum last year after putting together his best season yet, and so long as he can stay 100 percent healthy as he says he is now, the Nets have a shot at hanging with just about anyone in a seven-game series.
It’s a long road to the postseason, but it sounds like Lopez will be starting off on the right foot. Sorry. I’ll see myself out.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 15
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 44
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 53
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11