Sep 20, 2013, 7:29 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points more than Brazilians like spectacular soccer goals….
• If you read one thing today (besides this blog), it should be the great work by Jonathan Abrams at Grantland looking at one of the big preps-to-pros busts, Korleone Young.
“As he walked through the doors, I was listening to him,” said (Joe) Dumars, now Detroit’s president of basketball operations. “When he got on the court, you could see he had talent, but you knew the process was going to be hard because he was just so young for the league. He sounded like a young high school kid all of a sudden thrown into the NBA world.”
• Here is an oral history of how the Celtics drafted Len Bias.
• Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert seems as confused as a number of other Browns fans about recent developments with that team.
• How far did Rocky Balboa run in the Rocky II training sequence? Longer than a marathon.
• The Sixers worked out a deal to bring Vander Blue to training camp.
• Unable to impress a team at Summer League, Jonny Flynn has signed to play with the Sichuan Blue Whales in China.
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8