Sep 20, 2013, 7:29 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points more than Brazilians like spectacular soccer goals….
• If you read one thing today (besides this blog), it should be the great work by Jonathan Abrams at Grantland looking at one of the big preps-to-pros busts, Korleone Young.
“As he walked through the doors, I was listening to him,” said (Joe) Dumars, now Detroit’s president of basketball operations. “When he got on the court, you could see he had talent, but you knew the process was going to be hard because he was just so young for the league. He sounded like a young high school kid all of a sudden thrown into the NBA world.”
• Here is an oral history of how the Celtics drafted Len Bias.
• Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert seems as confused as a number of other Browns fans about recent developments with that team.
• How far did Rocky Balboa run in the Rocky II training sequence? Longer than a marathon.
• The Sixers worked out a deal to bring Vander Blue to training camp.
• Unable to impress a team at Summer League, Jonny Flynn has signed to play with the Sichuan Blue Whales in China.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 1
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 2
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 14
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5