Sep 19, 2013, 11:30 AM EST
We’re down to the final eight teams at the European championships, so as you might expect we’re getting a better quality of play. And that means some solid highlights to bring you. No shock Marc Gasol‘s discus-style length of the court outlet pass won the day, that is just a fun play.
As expected, Spain and France both won on Wednesday. That means France secures a spot in the World Championships next summer (Spain was already in as hosts). For Wednesday’s losers Serbia and Slovenia, they both just need to win one of their next two games to punch their ticket to the world championships (Europe is sending at least seven teams).
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 6
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 24
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6