Sep 19, 2013, 11:30 AM EST
We’re down to the final eight teams at the European championships, so as you might expect we’re getting a better quality of play. And that means some solid highlights to bring you. No shock Marc Gasol‘s discus-style length of the court outlet pass won the day, that is just a fun play.
As expected, Spain and France both won on Wednesday. That means France secures a spot in the World Championships next summer (Spain was already in as hosts). For Wednesday’s losers Serbia and Slovenia, they both just need to win one of their next two games to punch their ticket to the world championships (Europe is sending at least seven teams).
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 13
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 12
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29