Sep 19, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
We’re down to the final eight teams at the European championships, so as you might expect we’re getting a better quality of play. And that means some solid highlights to bring you. No shock Marc Gasol‘s discus-style length of the court outlet pass won the day, that is just a fun play.
As expected, Spain and France both won on Wednesday. That means France secures a spot in the World Championships next summer (Spain was already in as hosts). For Wednesday’s losers Serbia and Slovenia, they both just need to win one of their next two games to punch their ticket to the world championships (Europe is sending at least seven teams).
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 22
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 26
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4