Sep 19, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
We’re down to the final eight teams at the European championships, so as you might expect we’re getting a better quality of play. And that means some solid highlights to bring you. No shock Marc Gasol‘s discus-style length of the court outlet pass won the day, that is just a fun play.
As expected, Spain and France both won on Wednesday. That means France secures a spot in the World Championships next summer (Spain was already in as hosts). For Wednesday’s losers Serbia and Slovenia, they both just need to win one of their next two games to punch their ticket to the world championships (Europe is sending at least seven teams).
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 5
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 35
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 32
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25