Sep 19, 2013, 3:01 PM EST
We’re almost out of the deep offseason woods, where in our effort to provide constant content, the mildly amusing quotes of fringe players make it into stories of their own during the slow summer months.
But we’re not there just yet.
Ronny Turiaf, now with the Minnesota Timberwolves, had an interesting remark when describing his excitement about playing alongside his new teammates.
From the Associated Press:
The eight-year veteran said he’s happy to join the Minnesota Timberwolves, where he will serve as a mentor and an extra big man off the bench to help prepare the younger players for what everyone expects will be a run at the franchise’s first playoff berth since 2004.
“It’s a great thing for me to fit in. I’m tired of playing against Ricky in Spain. It’s good to be on his good side,” Turiaf said on Wednesday, drawing chuckles from the crowd. “I’m actually really being serious about it.”
Turiaf played for the French national team in the 2012 Olympics, and played for a team there professionally during the lockout in 2011. He’s played for six teams in his eight NBA seasons, most recently appearing in 65 games for the Clippers last year.
The first NBA training camps are set to open just nine days from now, so enjoy your Turiaf content while it lasts.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 16
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)