Sep 19, 2013, 3:01 PM EST
We’re almost out of the deep offseason woods, where in our effort to provide constant content, the mildly amusing quotes of fringe players make it into stories of their own during the slow summer months.
But we’re not there just yet.
Ronny Turiaf, now with the Minnesota Timberwolves, had an interesting remark when describing his excitement about playing alongside his new teammates.
From the Associated Press:
The eight-year veteran said he’s happy to join the Minnesota Timberwolves, where he will serve as a mentor and an extra big man off the bench to help prepare the younger players for what everyone expects will be a run at the franchise’s first playoff berth since 2004.
“It’s a great thing for me to fit in. I’m tired of playing against Ricky in Spain. It’s good to be on his good side,” Turiaf said on Wednesday, drawing chuckles from the crowd. “I’m actually really being serious about it.”
Turiaf played for the French national team in the 2012 Olympics, and played for a team there professionally during the lockout in 2011. He’s played for six teams in his eight NBA seasons, most recently appearing in 65 games for the Clippers last year.
The first NBA training camps are set to open just nine days from now, so enjoy your Turiaf content while it lasts.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13