Sep 19, 2013, 3:01 PM EST
We’re almost out of the deep offseason woods, where in our effort to provide constant content, the mildly amusing quotes of fringe players make it into stories of their own during the slow summer months.
But we’re not there just yet.
Ronny Turiaf, now with the Minnesota Timberwolves, had an interesting remark when describing his excitement about playing alongside his new teammates.
From the Associated Press:
The eight-year veteran said he’s happy to join the Minnesota Timberwolves, where he will serve as a mentor and an extra big man off the bench to help prepare the younger players for what everyone expects will be a run at the franchise’s first playoff berth since 2004.
“It’s a great thing for me to fit in. I’m tired of playing against Ricky in Spain. It’s good to be on his good side,” Turiaf said on Wednesday, drawing chuckles from the crowd. “I’m actually really being serious about it.”
Turiaf played for the French national team in the 2012 Olympics, and played for a team there professionally during the lockout in 2011. He’s played for six teams in his eight NBA seasons, most recently appearing in 65 games for the Clippers last year.
The first NBA training camps are set to open just nine days from now, so enjoy your Turiaf content while it lasts.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 58
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7