Sep 19, 2013, 3:01 PM EDT
We’re almost out of the deep offseason woods, where in our effort to provide constant content, the mildly amusing quotes of fringe players make it into stories of their own during the slow summer months.
But we’re not there just yet.
Ronny Turiaf, now with the Minnesota Timberwolves, had an interesting remark when describing his excitement about playing alongside his new teammates.
From the Associated Press:
The eight-year veteran said he’s happy to join the Minnesota Timberwolves, where he will serve as a mentor and an extra big man off the bench to help prepare the younger players for what everyone expects will be a run at the franchise’s first playoff berth since 2004.
“It’s a great thing for me to fit in. I’m tired of playing against Ricky in Spain. It’s good to be on his good side,” Turiaf said on Wednesday, drawing chuckles from the crowd. “I’m actually really being serious about it.”
Turiaf played for the French national team in the 2012 Olympics, and played for a team there professionally during the lockout in 2011. He’s played for six teams in his eight NBA seasons, most recently appearing in 65 games for the Clippers last year.
The first NBA training camps are set to open just nine days from now, so enjoy your Turiaf content while it lasts.
- PBT Extra: Grizzlies searching for answers, Mike Conley in Game 2 0
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0
- CP3 who? Clippers come from behind to take Game 1 from Rockets on road. 10
- Bulls ride hot start, strong shooting night to Game 1 win in Cleveland 22
- Chris Paul out for Game 1 of Clippers-Rockets series 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 13
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 6
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 4