Sep 19, 2013, 10:24 AM EDT
Our heart goes out to Celtics’ two guard Avery Bradley, who recently had his mother pass away.
He is dealing with an emotional roller coaster with his child due soon as well. Because of all this he could miss the start of the Celtics training camp, reports A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
“He’s going through a very difficult time,” Danny Ainge, Boston’s president of basketball operations, told CSNNE.com. “His mother passed away and they were very close and he’s expecting a baby any day. He’s got a lot going on.”
When asked if Bradley might be late to training camp, Ainge responded, “I don’t know. We’re just taking it day-by-day right now.”
It’s less than ideal for the Celtics as Rajon Rondo, coming off an ACL injury, could also miss the start of camp — that’s the starting backcourt on the sidelines. That said, Bradley has been in Boston most of the summer working out at the team facilities, focusing on adding some muscle to his frame to help deal with the long grind of an NBA season.
There are plenty of things more important than your job and basketball, Bradley is dealing with a couple of those and if he’s a little late to camp the Celitcs should and will be understanding.
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 12
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24