Sep 19, 2013, 10:24 AM EDT
Our heart goes out to Celtics’ two guard Avery Bradley, who recently had his mother pass away.
He is dealing with an emotional roller coaster with his child due soon as well. Because of all this he could miss the start of the Celtics training camp, reports A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
“He’s going through a very difficult time,” Danny Ainge, Boston’s president of basketball operations, told CSNNE.com. “His mother passed away and they were very close and he’s expecting a baby any day. He’s got a lot going on.”
When asked if Bradley might be late to training camp, Ainge responded, “I don’t know. We’re just taking it day-by-day right now.”
It’s less than ideal for the Celtics as Rajon Rondo, coming off an ACL injury, could also miss the start of camp — that’s the starting backcourt on the sidelines. That said, Bradley has been in Boston most of the summer working out at the team facilities, focusing on adding some muscle to his frame to help deal with the long grind of an NBA season.
There are plenty of things more important than your job and basketball, Bradley is dealing with a couple of those and if he’s a little late to camp the Celitcs should and will be understanding.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 22
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 26
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4