Sep 19, 2013, 10:24 AM EDT
Our heart goes out to Celtics’ two guard Avery Bradley, who recently had his mother pass away.
He is dealing with an emotional roller coaster with his child due soon as well. Because of all this he could miss the start of the Celtics training camp, reports A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
“He’s going through a very difficult time,” Danny Ainge, Boston’s president of basketball operations, told CSNNE.com. “His mother passed away and they were very close and he’s expecting a baby any day. He’s got a lot going on.”
When asked if Bradley might be late to training camp, Ainge responded, “I don’t know. We’re just taking it day-by-day right now.”
It’s less than ideal for the Celtics as Rajon Rondo, coming off an ACL injury, could also miss the start of camp — that’s the starting backcourt on the sidelines. That said, Bradley has been in Boston most of the summer working out at the team facilities, focusing on adding some muscle to his frame to help deal with the long grind of an NBA season.
There are plenty of things more important than your job and basketball, Bradley is dealing with a couple of those and if he’s a little late to camp the Celitcs should and will be understanding.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 79
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20