Sep 19, 2013, 10:24 AM EDT
Our heart goes out to Celtics’ two guard Avery Bradley, who recently had his mother pass away.
He is dealing with an emotional roller coaster with his child due soon as well. Because of all this he could miss the start of the Celtics training camp, reports A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
“He’s going through a very difficult time,” Danny Ainge, Boston’s president of basketball operations, told CSNNE.com. “His mother passed away and they were very close and he’s expecting a baby any day. He’s got a lot going on.”
When asked if Bradley might be late to training camp, Ainge responded, “I don’t know. We’re just taking it day-by-day right now.”
It’s less than ideal for the Celtics as Rajon Rondo, coming off an ACL injury, could also miss the start of camp — that’s the starting backcourt on the sidelines. That said, Bradley has been in Boston most of the summer working out at the team facilities, focusing on adding some muscle to his frame to help deal with the long grind of an NBA season.
There are plenty of things more important than your job and basketball, Bradley is dealing with a couple of those and if he’s a little late to camp the Celitcs should and will be understanding.
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 8
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 40
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1