Sep 19, 2013, 10:24 AM EST
Our heart goes out to Celtics’ two guard Avery Bradley, who recently had his mother pass away.
He is dealing with an emotional roller coaster with his child due soon as well. Because of all this he could miss the start of the Celtics training camp, reports A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
“He’s going through a very difficult time,” Danny Ainge, Boston’s president of basketball operations, told CSNNE.com. “His mother passed away and they were very close and he’s expecting a baby any day. He’s got a lot going on.”
When asked if Bradley might be late to training camp, Ainge responded, “I don’t know. We’re just taking it day-by-day right now.”
It’s less than ideal for the Celtics as Rajon Rondo, coming off an ACL injury, could also miss the start of camp — that’s the starting backcourt on the sidelines. That said, Bradley has been in Boston most of the summer working out at the team facilities, focusing on adding some muscle to his frame to help deal with the long grind of an NBA season.
There are plenty of things more important than your job and basketball, Bradley is dealing with a couple of those and if he’s a little late to camp the Celitcs should and will be understanding.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 11
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13