Sep 18, 2013, 1:04 PM EST
The Wizards thought that the basketball gods owed them some good injury Karma after the past couple seasons. Doesn’t appear the gods feel the same way.
The Wizards have lost Chris Singleton for 6-8 weeks due to a fracture in his left foot at the base of his small toe, reports J. Michael at CSNWashington.com. This is commonly called a “Jones fracture” and it’s an injury that linger, but it was dealt with surgically to ideally prefent that in the case of Singleton.
Not ideal for the Wizards as they will now not have Singleton for at least all of training camp and likely the first couple weeks of the season.
Worse for Singleton, the third year player entering a big contract year — the Wizards have to decide whether to pick up the fourth year option on his rookie contract. Singleton struggled last season — he shot 38.2 percent overall, 19.4 percent from three, got in just 57 games and averaged 4.1 points a game when he did. At Summer League he averaged 11.2 points and 6.2 rebounds a game, but shot just 42 percent and you wouldn’t describe his play as dominant.
Oh, and by the way Singleton is a three and the Wizards just drafted Otto Porter and picture him as the three of the future. The odds of Singleton sticking seem longer and longer.
Singleton should be back early in the season (foot injuries can linger), but will he be able to crack the rotation by then?
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 0
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 6
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 3
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 7
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)