Sep 18, 2013, 11:43 AM EDT
The line that hope has been replaced by expectations in Memphis hits the nail on the head — they reached the Western Conference Finals last season and fans now expect that or more.
And that is going to be hard to do for a few reasons. For one, I don’t think Memphis really addressed the need for more consistent outside shooting (sorry but I don’t see Mike Miller as healthy all season and guys like Nick Calathes have a lot to prove). Second, the West is going to be a tougher place: Oklahoma City gets Russell Westbrook back, the Clippers added some real shooters and talent (plus upgraded at coach), and the Spurs are not going anywhere.
Still, the expectations are there in Memphis. It’s going to be an interesting season.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 18
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 19
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4