Sep 18, 2013, 11:43 AM EST
The line that hope has been replaced by expectations in Memphis hits the nail on the head — they reached the Western Conference Finals last season and fans now expect that or more.
And that is going to be hard to do for a few reasons. For one, I don’t think Memphis really addressed the need for more consistent outside shooting (sorry but I don’t see Mike Miller as healthy all season and guys like Nick Calathes have a lot to prove). Second, the West is going to be a tougher place: Oklahoma City gets Russell Westbrook back, the Clippers added some real shooters and talent (plus upgraded at coach), and the Spurs are not going anywhere.
Still, the expectations are there in Memphis. It’s going to be an interesting season.
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 2
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 20
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42