Sep 18, 2013, 11:43 AM EDT
The line that hope has been replaced by expectations in Memphis hits the nail on the head — they reached the Western Conference Finals last season and fans now expect that or more.
And that is going to be hard to do for a few reasons. For one, I don’t think Memphis really addressed the need for more consistent outside shooting (sorry but I don’t see Mike Miller as healthy all season and guys like Nick Calathes have a lot to prove). Second, the West is going to be a tougher place: Oklahoma City gets Russell Westbrook back, the Clippers added some real shooters and talent (plus upgraded at coach), and the Spurs are not going anywhere.
Still, the expectations are there in Memphis. It’s going to be an interesting season.
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 52
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6