Sep 18, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
The Lakers gave us a tease about a month ago of what was officially unveiled on Wednesday: the team’s new black alternate uniforms.
Officially dubbed the “Hollywood Nights” edition, the jerseys feature a black base color with numbers and lettering in purple, outlined with gold trim.
Lakers executive Jeanie Buss can be seen discussing the new uniforms in the video clip above, and here’s some additional detail from the official release.
The organization has consistently heard from fans that a black uniform was desired, and have been working to make that a reality for years. The Lakers have a long history and philosophy of listening to fans, and as a public trust are in the business of serving fan interest, from colors of uniforms up to the ultimate goal of winning championships. The purple and gold uniforms will forever be the staple for the Lakers, with the black ones adding what the Lakers hope to be a cool alternative.
Check out some additional photos below, and make sure to head over to Lakers.com to view the complete gallery.
- Report: Suns, Eric Bledsoe have ‘made progress’ on a new contract in last couple of days 0
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 4
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16