Sep 18, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
The Lakers gave us a tease about a month ago of what was officially unveiled on Wednesday: the team’s new black alternate uniforms.
Officially dubbed the “Hollywood Nights” edition, the jerseys feature a black base color with numbers and lettering in purple, outlined with gold trim.
Lakers executive Jeanie Buss can be seen discussing the new uniforms in the video clip above, and here’s some additional detail from the official release.
The organization has consistently heard from fans that a black uniform was desired, and have been working to make that a reality for years. The Lakers have a long history and philosophy of listening to fans, and as a public trust are in the business of serving fan interest, from colors of uniforms up to the ultimate goal of winning championships. The purple and gold uniforms will forever be the staple for the Lakers, with the black ones adding what the Lakers hope to be a cool alternative.
Check out some additional photos below, and make sure to head over to Lakers.com to view the complete gallery.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 76
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32