Sep 18, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
The Lakers gave us a tease about a month ago of what was officially unveiled on Wednesday: the team’s new black alternate uniforms.
Officially dubbed the “Hollywood Nights” edition, the jerseys feature a black base color with numbers and lettering in purple, outlined with gold trim.
Lakers executive Jeanie Buss can be seen discussing the new uniforms in the video clip above, and here’s some additional detail from the official release.
The organization has consistently heard from fans that a black uniform was desired, and have been working to make that a reality for years. The Lakers have a long history and philosophy of listening to fans, and as a public trust are in the business of serving fan interest, from colors of uniforms up to the ultimate goal of winning championships. The purple and gold uniforms will forever be the staple for the Lakers, with the black ones adding what the Lakers hope to be a cool alternative.
Check out some additional photos below, and make sure to head over to Lakers.com to view the complete gallery.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36