Sep 17, 2013, 1:43 AM EDT
While the return of Ricky Davis would be a boon to bloggers everywhere, this seems a longshot at best. Still, I am rooting for this to happen.
Ricky Davis is getting a workout with the Knicks on Tuesday, tweets Jared Zwerling of Bleacher Report. He’s part of 10 guys the Knicks are bringing in just to see if they want to give they training camp invites, but it’s at least a foot in the door.
Yes, that Ricky Davis of the silky jumper and fantastic athleticism who enjoyed a good night out as much as he did winning basketball games. The Ricky Davis who missed a shot at his own basket to try and get a rebound so he could get a triple double (those rebounds don’t count, by the way). The Ricky Davis who had an in game between the legs dunk, but who was always the gunner on a bad teams wouldn’t really fit on a good one. He was the guy Cleveland brought in when they wanted to be bad in 2003 so they could draft LeBron James.
Davis has played the past three seasons overseas and in the D-League, and he is now coming off knee surgery. It’s a long shot he even gets an invite to the Knicks training camp, let alone a roster spot.
But a guy can dream, can’t he?
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 12
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 5
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28