Sep 17, 2013, 10:11 AM EDT
Jared Jeffries had a solid 11-year NBA career, playing for the Wizards, Knicks, Rockets and most recently the Trail Blazers. He was a defensive specialist who could bang inside or guard on the perimeter, but that was slowed the past couple seasons as he battled knee issues.
Now he is stepping away from the NBA locker room and into a job in the Denver Nuggets front office, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Jeffries will start out as a scout for the team. The veteran big man has ties to new Nuggets GM Tim Connelly who was in the Washington front office when Jeffries played there. Denver has completely reworked their front office after Masai Ujiri left for Toronto.
This could be a good fit; Jeffries was a smart player who got the game. Plus, it’s always good to see a player have a place to land when they walk away from the game.
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 12
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 37
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 35
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43