Sep 17, 2013, 10:11 AM EST
Jared Jeffries had a solid 11-year NBA career, playing for the Wizards, Knicks, Rockets and most recently the Trail Blazers. He was a defensive specialist who could bang inside or guard on the perimeter, but that was slowed the past couple seasons as he battled knee issues.
Now he is stepping away from the NBA locker room and into a job in the Denver Nuggets front office, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Jeffries will start out as a scout for the team. The veteran big man has ties to new Nuggets GM Tim Connelly who was in the Washington front office when Jeffries played there. Denver has completely reworked their front office after Masai Ujiri left for Toronto.
This could be a good fit; Jeffries was a smart player who got the game. Plus, it’s always good to see a player have a place to land when they walk away from the game.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 12
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 29
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10