Sep 17, 2013, 10:11 AM EDT
Jared Jeffries had a solid 11-year NBA career, playing for the Wizards, Knicks, Rockets and most recently the Trail Blazers. He was a defensive specialist who could bang inside or guard on the perimeter, but that was slowed the past couple seasons as he battled knee issues.
Now he is stepping away from the NBA locker room and into a job in the Denver Nuggets front office, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Jeffries will start out as a scout for the team. The veteran big man has ties to new Nuggets GM Tim Connelly who was in the Washington front office when Jeffries played there. Denver has completely reworked their front office after Masai Ujiri left for Toronto.
This could be a good fit; Jeffries was a smart player who got the game. Plus, it’s always good to see a player have a place to land when they walk away from the game.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 4
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43