Sep 17, 2013, 10:11 AM EDT
Jared Jeffries had a solid 11-year NBA career, playing for the Wizards, Knicks, Rockets and most recently the Trail Blazers. He was a defensive specialist who could bang inside or guard on the perimeter, but that was slowed the past couple seasons as he battled knee issues.
Now he is stepping away from the NBA locker room and into a job in the Denver Nuggets front office, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Jeffries will start out as a scout for the team. The veteran big man has ties to new Nuggets GM Tim Connelly who was in the Washington front office when Jeffries played there. Denver has completely reworked their front office after Masai Ujiri left for Toronto.
This could be a good fit; Jeffries was a smart player who got the game. Plus, it’s always good to see a player have a place to land when they walk away from the game.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20