Sep 17, 2013, 1:46 PM EDT
Donte Greene was traded to the Celtics in August in the Fab Melo trade and Greene was always a long shot to make the team — Boston went and got him to save money because his deal was not guaranteed. They were going to cut him free at some point.
So Green was looking at other options.
Apparently he found one in China, reports Hoopshype.
Other sources have confirmed Green will be waived, and as the report he is headed to China comes on the record from his agent it seems pretty solid.
The Chinese season ends in February (when exactly depends on how a team does in the playoffs) so Green will be back as a free agent and able to sign with an NBA team for the stretch run if there is interest.
Greene played four okay seasons in Sacramento then missed all of last season with a broken ankle. If he’s proved he’s healthy maybe some team will grab the 6’11” forward when he’s done overseas.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 37
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18