Sep 17, 2013, 8:59 PM EDT
Back in the summer of 2010, then Maverick Jason Terry got the Larry O’Brien trophy tattooed on his arm… and we all laughed. Dallas was a good team but a whole lot of things needed to break their way to win the title.
Pretty much everything broke their way and a Dallas team that melded at just the right time won the title.
So when he went to Boston last season, Terry got a new Celtics tattoo and… not quite the same result.
A couple more trades and Jason Terry is going to have to go with the Chris Andersen neck tattoo to fit all his teams in.
Is it superstitious to get one? Sure. But the last time he got one on a team like the Nets — a team with a talent that needs a lot of things to go its way — he got a ring. So why not.
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 3
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14