Sep 17, 2013, 8:59 PM EDT
Back in the summer of 2010, then Maverick Jason Terry got the Larry O’Brien trophy tattooed on his arm… and we all laughed. Dallas was a good team but a whole lot of things needed to break their way to win the title.
Pretty much everything broke their way and a Dallas team that melded at just the right time won the title.
So when he went to Boston last season, Terry got a new Celtics tattoo and… not quite the same result.
A couple more trades and Jason Terry is going to have to go with the Chris Andersen neck tattoo to fit all his teams in.
Is it superstitious to get one? Sure. But the last time he got one on a team like the Nets — a team with a talent that needs a lot of things to go its way — he got a ring. So why not.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 12
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 24
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14