Sep 17, 2013, 8:59 PM EDT
Back in the summer of 2010, then Maverick Jason Terry got the Larry O’Brien trophy tattooed on his arm… and we all laughed. Dallas was a good team but a whole lot of things needed to break their way to win the title.
Pretty much everything broke their way and a Dallas team that melded at just the right time won the title.
So when he went to Boston last season, Terry got a new Celtics tattoo and… not quite the same result.
A couple more trades and Jason Terry is going to have to go with the Chris Andersen neck tattoo to fit all his teams in.
Is it superstitious to get one? Sure. But the last time he got one on a team like the Nets — a team with a talent that needs a lot of things to go its way — he got a ring. So why not.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 9
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 11
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 7
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90