Sep 17, 2013, 10:02 PM EDT
Landry earned his spot with a stellar performance for the Lakers at the Las Vegas Summer League, where he averaged 15.2 points and 4.2 rebounds in 26.5 minutes per game in five appearances.
The Lakers currently have 11 players in place with guaranteed contracts for next season. In addition to Landry, the team has added Elias Harris, Xavier Henry, and Shawne Williams to its list of training camp invites who could potentially earn a roster spot for the coming season.
Eric Pincus of the Los Angeles Times reports that while Williams and Harris have a portion of their contracts ($100,000 each) guaranteed, Henry and Landry don’t have that luxury, and will need to land on the opening night roster in order to get paid on their current deals.
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 13
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20