Sep 17, 2013, 10:02 PM EST
Landry earned his spot with a stellar performance for the Lakers at the Las Vegas Summer League, where he averaged 15.2 points and 4.2 rebounds in 26.5 minutes per game in five appearances.
The Lakers currently have 11 players in place with guaranteed contracts for next season. In addition to Landry, the team has added Elias Harris, Xavier Henry, and Shawne Williams to its list of training camp invites who could potentially earn a roster spot for the coming season.
Eric Pincus of the Los Angeles Times reports that while Williams and Harris have a portion of their contracts ($100,000 each) guaranteed, Henry and Landry don’t have that luxury, and will need to land on the opening night roster in order to get paid on their current deals.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 5
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0