Sep 17, 2013, 10:02 PM EST
Landry earned his spot with a stellar performance for the Lakers at the Las Vegas Summer League, where he averaged 15.2 points and 4.2 rebounds in 26.5 minutes per game in five appearances.
The Lakers currently have 11 players in place with guaranteed contracts for next season. In addition to Landry, the team has added Elias Harris, Xavier Henry, and Shawne Williams to its list of training camp invites who could potentially earn a roster spot for the coming season.
Eric Pincus of the Los Angeles Times reports that while Williams and Harris have a portion of their contracts ($100,000 each) guaranteed, Henry and Landry don’t have that luxury, and will need to land on the opening night roster in order to get paid on their current deals.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 0
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13