Sep 17, 2013, 1:26 PM EST
Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated (also host of a weekly show on NBC Sports Radio, plus he’s a regular guest on the NBC Sports Network ) grew up in the Boston area, went to Boston College, and for a decade was a ball boy at the Boston Garden.
With that comes a lot of good stories, like the time Allen Iverson sent him out to buy beer after a game. A story he recounts in the video above from SI.
It’s too great a tale not to pass along.
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 7
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 37
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 28
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12