Sep 17, 2013, 1:26 PM EDT
Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated (also host of a weekly show on NBC Sports Radio, plus he’s a regular guest on the NBC Sports Network ) grew up in the Boston area, went to Boston College, and for a decade was a ball boy at the Boston Garden.
With that comes a lot of good stories, like the time Allen Iverson sent him out to buy beer after a game. A story he recounts in the video above from SI.
It’s too great a tale not to pass along.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3