Sep 17, 2013, 1:26 PM EDT
Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated (also host of a weekly show on NBC Sports Radio, plus he’s a regular guest on the NBC Sports Network ) grew up in the Boston area, went to Boston College, and for a decade was a ball boy at the Boston Garden.
With that comes a lot of good stories, like the time Allen Iverson sent him out to buy beer after a game. A story he recounts in the video above from SI.
It’s too great a tale not to pass along.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 16
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10