Sep 16, 2013, 11:29 AM EST
Carlos Morais is not a household name in North America, but he is a large part of the reason Angola has become one of the best teams in Africa. Morais, a point guard, led Angola to the AfroBasket championship this summer and was named tournament MVP averaging 15.9 points per game.
Now he’s going to get a look at life in the NBA.
The Toronto Raptors have invited Morais to their training camp, reports the Toronto Sun. This is a non-guaranteed contract.
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 0
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 1
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 24
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 26
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (56)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)