Sep 16, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
There really is no surprise here — Rick Adelman has been around the Timberwolves offices of late, working to get ready for the season, plus team president Flip Saunders said he was confident the coach would return for this season.
Now the owner says it is a done deal — Adelman will be back on the Minnesota bench this year. Glen Taylor spoke with Sid Hartman at the Star Tribune and made the confirmation.
“Yes, he did [say he’s coming back],” Taylor said.
Minnesota fans should click that link to get an update on the Target Center renovation plans.
Adelman missed a chunk of last season to be with his ailing wife. He was going to return to the Minnesota bench for this season as long as she remained healthy, so the news he is back is good on multiple levels.
Minnesota, with a healthy Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio this season, should be in the mix for a playoff spot in the deep Western Conference. Having Adelman, one of the game’s better coaches, on the sideline will help that cause.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 8
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43