Sep 16, 2013, 9:44 AM EST
There really is no surprise here — Rick Adelman has been around the Timberwolves offices of late, working to get ready for the season, plus team president Flip Saunders said he was confident the coach would return for this season.
Now the owner says it is a done deal — Adelman will be back on the Minnesota bench this year. Glen Taylor spoke with Sid Hartman at the Star Tribune and made the confirmation.
“Yes, he did [say he’s coming back],” Taylor said.
Minnesota fans should click that link to get an update on the Target Center renovation plans.
Adelman missed a chunk of last season to be with his ailing wife. He was going to return to the Minnesota bench for this season as long as she remained healthy, so the news he is back is good on multiple levels.
Minnesota, with a healthy Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio this season, should be in the mix for a playoff spot in the deep Western Conference. Having Adelman, one of the game’s better coaches, on the sideline will help that cause.
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 9
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 8
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 5
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29