Sep 16, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
There really is no surprise here — Rick Adelman has been around the Timberwolves offices of late, working to get ready for the season, plus team president Flip Saunders said he was confident the coach would return for this season.
Now the owner says it is a done deal — Adelman will be back on the Minnesota bench this year. Glen Taylor spoke with Sid Hartman at the Star Tribune and made the confirmation.
“Yes, he did [say he’s coming back],” Taylor said.
Minnesota fans should click that link to get an update on the Target Center renovation plans.
Adelman missed a chunk of last season to be with his ailing wife. He was going to return to the Minnesota bench for this season as long as she remained healthy, so the news he is back is good on multiple levels.
Minnesota, with a healthy Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio this season, should be in the mix for a playoff spot in the deep Western Conference. Having Adelman, one of the game’s better coaches, on the sideline will help that cause.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 74
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32