Sep 16, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
There really is no surprise here — Rick Adelman has been around the Timberwolves offices of late, working to get ready for the season, plus team president Flip Saunders said he was confident the coach would return for this season.
Now the owner says it is a done deal — Adelman will be back on the Minnesota bench this year. Glen Taylor spoke with Sid Hartman at the Star Tribune and made the confirmation.
“Yes, he did [say he’s coming back],” Taylor said.
Minnesota fans should click that link to get an update on the Target Center renovation plans.
Adelman missed a chunk of last season to be with his ailing wife. He was going to return to the Minnesota bench for this season as long as she remained healthy, so the news he is back is good on multiple levels.
Minnesota, with a healthy Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio this season, should be in the mix for a playoff spot in the deep Western Conference. Having Adelman, one of the game’s better coaches, on the sideline will help that cause.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 2
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10