Sep 16, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
There really is no surprise here — Rick Adelman has been around the Timberwolves offices of late, working to get ready for the season, plus team president Flip Saunders said he was confident the coach would return for this season.
Now the owner says it is a done deal — Adelman will be back on the Minnesota bench this year. Glen Taylor spoke with Sid Hartman at the Star Tribune and made the confirmation.
“Yes, he did [say he’s coming back],” Taylor said.
Minnesota fans should click that link to get an update on the Target Center renovation plans.
Adelman missed a chunk of last season to be with his ailing wife. He was going to return to the Minnesota bench for this season as long as she remained healthy, so the news he is back is good on multiple levels.
Minnesota, with a healthy Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio this season, should be in the mix for a playoff spot in the deep Western Conference. Having Adelman, one of the game’s better coaches, on the sideline will help that cause.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 17
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8