Sep 16, 2013, 7:11 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Ben McLeMore played a prank on his mother, putting a rubber snake in her bag of food… I assume it was rubber. Doing that to your mother is cold.
• Henry Abbott at TrueHoop interviews Dennis Rodman. Need I say more?
• Brad Stevens talks about learning on the NBA job with Boston.
• Chase Buddinger is working is way back from knee surgery and said that he’s doing guard workouts in the Timberwolves pre-camp.
• Here are some of the NBA role players who have looked good at EuroBasket.
• There’s a segment of basketball fans that wants a return to the rough-and-tumble era of the NBA, here is a great explanation of why that is a terrible idea.
• The lawyer who killed Eddy Curry’s ex-girlfriend and child has been sentenced to life in prison.
• Finally, we have video from the New York Times of Russell Westbrook at New York Fashion Week. Why? Because it’s still three weeks until training camps open. That’s why.
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 0
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8