Sep 16, 2013, 7:11 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Ben McLeMore played a prank on his mother, putting a rubber snake in her bag of food… I assume it was rubber. Doing that to your mother is cold.
• Henry Abbott at TrueHoop interviews Dennis Rodman. Need I say more?
• Brad Stevens talks about learning on the NBA job with Boston.
• Chase Buddinger is working is way back from knee surgery and said that he’s doing guard workouts in the Timberwolves pre-camp.
• Here are some of the NBA role players who have looked good at EuroBasket.
• There’s a segment of basketball fans that wants a return to the rough-and-tumble era of the NBA, here is a great explanation of why that is a terrible idea.
• The lawyer who killed Eddy Curry’s ex-girlfriend and child has been sentenced to life in prison.
• Finally, we have video from the New York Times of Russell Westbrook at New York Fashion Week. Why? Because it’s still three weeks until training camps open. That’s why.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32