Sep 16, 2013, 7:11 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Ben McLeMore played a prank on his mother, putting a rubber snake in her bag of food… I assume it was rubber. Doing that to your mother is cold.
• Henry Abbott at TrueHoop interviews Dennis Rodman. Need I say more?
• Brad Stevens talks about learning on the NBA job with Boston.
• Chase Buddinger is working is way back from knee surgery and said that he’s doing guard workouts in the Timberwolves pre-camp.
• Here are some of the NBA role players who have looked good at EuroBasket.
• There’s a segment of basketball fans that wants a return to the rough-and-tumble era of the NBA, here is a great explanation of why that is a terrible idea.
• The lawyer who killed Eddy Curry’s ex-girlfriend and child has been sentenced to life in prison.
• Finally, we have video from the New York Times of Russell Westbrook at New York Fashion Week. Why? Because it’s still three weeks until training camps open. That’s why.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7