Sep 15, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
In the only truly competitive basketball we have going on right now featuring NBA players, here are the five best plays from Eurobasket action in Slovenia on Sunday.
As for players you might more easily recognize, only the number three highlight — featuring Nicolas Batum finding Boris Diaw — is likely to catch the eye of the more casual basketball observer. But Warriors fans will be pleased to see Nemanja Nedovic in the mix (with the steal and the dunk at number two), as he’s slated to join the team next season.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7