Sep 15, 2013, 9:30 AM EST
Shaquille O’Neal wasn’t only one of the most dominant players of his era, he was perhaps its greatest showman.
O’Neal embraced the entertainment aspect of his job as a professional basketball player during his 19-year career, and All-Star weekend was a time when he could truly let his playful personality shine.
This highlight, taken from the 2007 event in Las Vegas, features O’Neal kissing Tracy McGrady on the head after slamming home an offensive rebound. O’Neal had a prickly side to his personality to be sure, but this is a reminder of just how gregarious he could be when performing under the spotlight.
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 4
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 10
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 4
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 13
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 14
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (49)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (37)