Sep 15, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
We’re going to be hearing plenty of updates and non-updates about when exactly Rajon Rondo will be ready to return to the Celtics lineup, even though this season is likely to involve more losing than winning in Boston.
Consider this latest report of the non-update variety, but Celtics fans will find it of interest nonetheless.
Shortly after Rondo’s injury, Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge stated that Rondo would be back for the start of the season.
While there hasn’t been a delay in his recovery, Rondo’s timetable looks more and more like he will miss all of the preseason as well as some regular season games.
Stevens said no timetable has been set for Rondo’s return, adding that he had not inquired about Rondo’s return in the past couple of weeks.
Here’s the thing: We all want to see Rondo back on the court as soon as he’s ready, because he plays the game at an All-Star level and he’s exciting to watch.
No one knows when that will be, however, and the Celtics (wisely) don’t seem like they’re going to press the issue. But that won’t stop the reports, updates, and estimations from continuing to trickle in until Rondo’s return date has been finalized.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 14
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0