Sep 15, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
We’re going to be hearing plenty of updates and non-updates about when exactly Rajon Rondo will be ready to return to the Celtics lineup, even though this season is likely to involve more losing than winning in Boston.
Consider this latest report of the non-update variety, but Celtics fans will find it of interest nonetheless.
Shortly after Rondo’s injury, Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge stated that Rondo would be back for the start of the season.
While there hasn’t been a delay in his recovery, Rondo’s timetable looks more and more like he will miss all of the preseason as well as some regular season games.
Stevens said no timetable has been set for Rondo’s return, adding that he had not inquired about Rondo’s return in the past couple of weeks.
Here’s the thing: We all want to see Rondo back on the court as soon as he’s ready, because he plays the game at an All-Star level and he’s exciting to watch.
No one knows when that will be, however, and the Celtics (wisely) don’t seem like they’re going to press the issue. But that won’t stop the reports, updates, and estimations from continuing to trickle in until Rondo’s return date has been finalized.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 7
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10