Sep 15, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
We’re going to be hearing plenty of updates and non-updates about when exactly Rajon Rondo will be ready to return to the Celtics lineup, even though this season is likely to involve more losing than winning in Boston.
Consider this latest report of the non-update variety, but Celtics fans will find it of interest nonetheless.
Shortly after Rondo’s injury, Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge stated that Rondo would be back for the start of the season.
While there hasn’t been a delay in his recovery, Rondo’s timetable looks more and more like he will miss all of the preseason as well as some regular season games.
Stevens said no timetable has been set for Rondo’s return, adding that he had not inquired about Rondo’s return in the past couple of weeks.
Here’s the thing: We all want to see Rondo back on the court as soon as he’s ready, because he plays the game at an All-Star level and he’s exciting to watch.
No one knows when that will be, however, and the Celtics (wisely) don’t seem like they’re going to press the issue. But that won’t stop the reports, updates, and estimations from continuing to trickle in until Rondo’s return date has been finalized.
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 4
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 4
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6