Sep 15, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
We’re going to be hearing plenty of updates and non-updates about when exactly Rajon Rondo will be ready to return to the Celtics lineup, even though this season is likely to involve more losing than winning in Boston.
Consider this latest report of the non-update variety, but Celtics fans will find it of interest nonetheless.
Shortly after Rondo’s injury, Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge stated that Rondo would be back for the start of the season.
While there hasn’t been a delay in his recovery, Rondo’s timetable looks more and more like he will miss all of the preseason as well as some regular season games.
Stevens said no timetable has been set for Rondo’s return, adding that he had not inquired about Rondo’s return in the past couple of weeks.
Here’s the thing: We all want to see Rondo back on the court as soon as he’s ready, because he plays the game at an All-Star level and he’s exciting to watch.
No one knows when that will be, however, and the Celtics (wisely) don’t seem like they’re going to press the issue. But that won’t stop the reports, updates, and estimations from continuing to trickle in until Rondo’s return date has been finalized.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 19
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 7
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 34
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2