Sep 15, 2013, 10:59 AM EDT
With enough celebrities in attendance to make it a paparazzi’s dream, LeBron James married his long-time girlfriend Savannah Brinson Saturday at the Grand Del Mar Hotel in San Diego.
The couple got engaged Jan. 1, 2012, after have been together since high school. They have two sons together.
In the time since LeBron’s proposal he Heat have won two NBA titles and he has won two MVPs, plus there was an Olympic gold medal thrown in there.
This is a three-day San Diego wedding spectacular and reportedly celebrities in attendance included Dwyane Wade and his girlfriend Gabriel Union. Other reports say Jay Z, Beyonce, and Knicks star Carmelo Anthony were in attendace, but LeBron and wedding organizers went to great lengths to keep the celebrities identities shielded from the media (to the point that there were umbrellas over the entrance so circling media helicopters could not get a view of what was going on.
All of it — from the wedding ring to the basketball rings — seems to stem out of a more mature LeBron forged in the heat he experienced in the wake of “the decision.” How all that was perceived by the public plus the changes in Miami (he was basically no longer living at home) seemed to force some soul searching on LeBron, which led to maturation. That in turn unleashed a better basketball player.
And hopefully more importantly, a better husband and father.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 6
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5