Sep 15, 2013, 10:59 AM EDT
With enough celebrities in attendance to make it a paparazzi’s dream, LeBron James married his long-time girlfriend Savannah Brinson Saturday at the Grand Del Mar Hotel in San Diego.
The couple got engaged Jan. 1, 2012, after have been together since high school. They have two sons together.
In the time since LeBron’s proposal he Heat have won two NBA titles and he has won two MVPs, plus there was an Olympic gold medal thrown in there.
This is a three-day San Diego wedding spectacular and reportedly celebrities in attendance included Dwyane Wade and his girlfriend Gabriel Union. Other reports say Jay Z, Beyonce, and Knicks star Carmelo Anthony were in attendace, but LeBron and wedding organizers went to great lengths to keep the celebrities identities shielded from the media (to the point that there were umbrellas over the entrance so circling media helicopters could not get a view of what was going on.
All of it — from the wedding ring to the basketball rings — seems to stem out of a more mature LeBron forged in the heat he experienced in the wake of “the decision.” How all that was perceived by the public plus the changes in Miami (he was basically no longer living at home) seemed to force some soul searching on LeBron, which led to maturation. That in turn unleashed a better basketball player.
And hopefully more importantly, a better husband and father.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 10
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 28
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85