Sep 14, 2013, 9:30 AM EST
George Karl took home Coach of the Year honors after guiding the Denver Nuggets to the best home record in the league last season, and a record good enough to secure the three-seed in the Western Conference playoffs.
Karl was fired by the team this summer, however, after demanding a contract extension beyond the upcoming season. He also reportedly clashed with management on how best to use his players.
The Nuggets aren’t the only party with whom Karl has recently had issues. Apparently, his long-time agent and he are involved in some kind of dispute.
Former National Basketball Association coach George Karl is being sued by his long-time agent, Columbus attorney Bret Adams, in a payment dispute.
Adams filed suit in U.S. District Court in Columbus on Wednesday, claiming Karl has refused to pay him since January, allegedly breaching a contract between the two. The suit says the contract calls for Adams to receive $10,000 a month from Karl. He is asking for compensatory damages in excess of $75,000, attorney fees and other costs. …
Adams told me in an email he is hoping for an immediate resolution of the dispute, calling a Karl a 20-year friend and client.
This obviously has little to do with money, given the amount of it Karl has made over the lifetime of his career in basketball. Let’s hope that whatever personal issues are involved here get resolved fairly quickly to the satisfaction of both sides.
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 15
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2