Sep 14, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
George Karl took home Coach of the Year honors after guiding the Denver Nuggets to the best home record in the league last season, and a record good enough to secure the three-seed in the Western Conference playoffs.
Karl was fired by the team this summer, however, after demanding a contract extension beyond the upcoming season. He also reportedly clashed with management on how best to use his players.
The Nuggets aren’t the only party with whom Karl has recently had issues. Apparently, his long-time agent and he are involved in some kind of dispute.
Former National Basketball Association coach George Karl is being sued by his long-time agent, Columbus attorney Bret Adams, in a payment dispute.
Adams filed suit in U.S. District Court in Columbus on Wednesday, claiming Karl has refused to pay him since January, allegedly breaching a contract between the two. The suit says the contract calls for Adams to receive $10,000 a month from Karl. He is asking for compensatory damages in excess of $75,000, attorney fees and other costs. …
Adams told me in an email he is hoping for an immediate resolution of the dispute, calling a Karl a 20-year friend and client.
This obviously has little to do with money, given the amount of it Karl has made over the lifetime of his career in basketball. Let’s hope that whatever personal issues are involved here get resolved fairly quickly to the satisfaction of both sides.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 42
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 88
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 60
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59