Sep 14, 2013, 9:30 AM EST
George Karl took home Coach of the Year honors after guiding the Denver Nuggets to the best home record in the league last season, and a record good enough to secure the three-seed in the Western Conference playoffs.
Karl was fired by the team this summer, however, after demanding a contract extension beyond the upcoming season. He also reportedly clashed with management on how best to use his players.
The Nuggets aren’t the only party with whom Karl has recently had issues. Apparently, his long-time agent and he are involved in some kind of dispute.
Former National Basketball Association coach George Karl is being sued by his long-time agent, Columbus attorney Bret Adams, in a payment dispute.
Adams filed suit in U.S. District Court in Columbus on Wednesday, claiming Karl has refused to pay him since January, allegedly breaching a contract between the two. The suit says the contract calls for Adams to receive $10,000 a month from Karl. He is asking for compensatory damages in excess of $75,000, attorney fees and other costs. …
Adams told me in an email he is hoping for an immediate resolution of the dispute, calling a Karl a 20-year friend and client.
This obviously has little to do with money, given the amount of it Karl has made over the lifetime of his career in basketball. Let’s hope that whatever personal issues are involved here get resolved fairly quickly to the satisfaction of both sides.
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 0
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 2
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 16
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7