Sep 14, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
George Karl took home Coach of the Year honors after guiding the Denver Nuggets to the best home record in the league last season, and a record good enough to secure the three-seed in the Western Conference playoffs.
Karl was fired by the team this summer, however, after demanding a contract extension beyond the upcoming season. He also reportedly clashed with management on how best to use his players.
The Nuggets aren’t the only party with whom Karl has recently had issues. Apparently, his long-time agent and he are involved in some kind of dispute.
Former National Basketball Association coach George Karl is being sued by his long-time agent, Columbus attorney Bret Adams, in a payment dispute.
Adams filed suit in U.S. District Court in Columbus on Wednesday, claiming Karl has refused to pay him since January, allegedly breaching a contract between the two. The suit says the contract calls for Adams to receive $10,000 a month from Karl. He is asking for compensatory damages in excess of $75,000, attorney fees and other costs. …
Adams told me in an email he is hoping for an immediate resolution of the dispute, calling a Karl a 20-year friend and client.
This obviously has little to do with money, given the amount of it Karl has made over the lifetime of his career in basketball. Let’s hope that whatever personal issues are involved here get resolved fairly quickly to the satisfaction of both sides.
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 4
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 5
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 14
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 18
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 35
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 15
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 32
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1