Sep 14, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
It’s the answer we should expect from Derrick Rose by now, almost 17 months after he suffered a torn ACL injury that kept him out of action for all of last season.
But it’s still great to hear him actually say it.
Rose, speaking while on a promotional tour overseas for adidas, says he’s feeling fully recovered now, and is at the point where he’s confident doing the things on the court that make him such a special talent.
“I think I am 100 percent,” Rose said, via CSN Chicago. “I’m doing almost everything. I’m squatting, running, lifting almost every other day, just being back on the court after you have an ACL injury, you’re kind of hesitant at first about how you step, what way you should step, learning how to run, accelerate, accelerate while you run and while you’re slowing down. For me, I’m reacting right now where I don’t have to think about anything. If I want to get to a spot, I’m going to get there no matter what. It kind of feels good having that feeling again.”
We should see Rose in action for the Bulls less than a month from now, when Chicago opens its preseason schedule against the Pacers in Indiana on October 5.
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 5
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 16
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 70
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 66
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14