Sep 14, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
It’s the answer we should expect from Derrick Rose by now, almost 17 months after he suffered a torn ACL injury that kept him out of action for all of last season.
But it’s still great to hear him actually say it.
Rose, speaking while on a promotional tour overseas for adidas, says he’s feeling fully recovered now, and is at the point where he’s confident doing the things on the court that make him such a special talent.
“I think I am 100 percent,” Rose said, via CSN Chicago. “I’m doing almost everything. I’m squatting, running, lifting almost every other day, just being back on the court after you have an ACL injury, you’re kind of hesitant at first about how you step, what way you should step, learning how to run, accelerate, accelerate while you run and while you’re slowing down. For me, I’m reacting right now where I don’t have to think about anything. If I want to get to a spot, I’m going to get there no matter what. It kind of feels good having that feeling again.”
We should see Rose in action for the Bulls less than a month from now, when Chicago opens its preseason schedule against the Pacers in Indiana on October 5.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32