Derrick Rose: ‘I think I am 100 percent’

Sep 14, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT

It’s the answer we should expect from Derrick Rose by now, almost 17 months after he suffered a torn ACL injury that kept him out of action for all of last season.

But it’s still great to hear him actually say it.

Rose, speaking while on a promotional tour overseas for adidas, says he’s feeling fully recovered now, and is at the point where he’s confident doing the things on the court that make him such a special talent.

“I think I am 100 percent,” Rose said, via CSN Chicago. “I’m doing almost everything. I’m squatting, running, lifting almost every other day, just being back on the court after you have an ACL injury, you’re kind of hesitant at first about how you step, what way you should step, learning how to run, accelerate, accelerate while you run and while you’re slowing down. For me, I’m reacting right now where I don’t have to think about anything. If I want to get to a spot, I’m going to get there no matter what. It kind of feels good having that feeling again.”

We should see Rose in action for the Bulls less than a month from now, when Chicago opens its preseason schedule against the Pacers in Indiana on October 5.

1. onlyavoice - Sep 14, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Rose Is About As Smart As A 3rd Grader.

• kb2408 - Sep 14, 2013 at 8:12 PM

And as wealthy as everyone that has posted on this blog combined. He’s a great athlete, not a brain surgeon.

• lazerrickaustin - Sep 14, 2013 at 8:25 PM

& how smart are you dumb ass

2. ProBasketballPundit - Sep 14, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I saw Rose coming out of a 7/11 yesterday so I called him a pansy. He said yeah, whatever so I kicked his crutch, he fell over and spilled his slurpee. What a baby.

• yuwannano - Sep 16, 2013 at 11:02 AM

You must be a Pistons fan! :(

3. savilo831 - Sep 14, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Right, because all of you know what it’s like to tear an ACL. Shut the front door!!

• lazerrickaustin - Sep 14, 2013 at 8:21 PM

amen

4. mrlitl - Sep 14, 2013 at 9:15 PM

D Rose may know vectors.

5. ghelton03 - Sep 14, 2013 at 11:19 PM

He’s only taken 1 1/2 years off. He should probably take another year off to be sure. Frankly, there is no need to risk Rose getting hurt as long as LeBron is in the league. He should just sit out until LBJ retires.

• apkyletexas - Sep 14, 2013 at 11:41 PM

He should also consider the fact that he injured himself, with a stupid, unnecessary bunny-hop when his route to the basket was already clear.

He doesn’t need to worry about other guys hitting him. He needs to worry about his own ability to stop making unintelligent basketball plays. If he can’t do that, he might as well take off another year.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches